Republican Nominee Pool

Clyde

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How will the far right voters react to a Mormon? Of course, he's not a Kenyan but I'd think they would still be hesitant.

Actually, it's not just the far right voters, unless things have changed substantially since early 2008. There was a study or poll done at that time that indicated that US voters at that time were more receptive to a black president, less ready to elect a woman president, and were nowhere near ready to elect a person who practiced a faith that was not seen as the "norm". That would include Morman and Islam among others.

There is also speculation that Gov Perry will throw his name in that hat. I have reservations about him. Any one that mentions seceding as an option immediately makes me nervous.

He would have been a better candidate in 2008, in my opinion.

I think the grand majority of you on here will be suprised at the 2012 election as you seem to think Obama has it in the bag, and why not, what a great job he has done. :rolleyes:

One great victory-getting bin laden. The rest very tame and lame. I will give him credit for the health care act, but sold his soul in the process, and for some of his backers in congress, they were exposed as basically accepting bribes in order to pass this legislation.

How will the far right voters react to a Mormon? Of course, he's not a Kenyan but I'd think they would still be hesitant.

I seriously think the issue of him being Mormon will be a non factor. We have to consider that in the 2008 presidential primaries only 9% of those who voted in the general election chose the candidates. Those who vote in primaries are usually-not always- party activists who represent the extreme of the parties. They are predominately white between the ages of 50 and 80 and middle class. So if Romney got that far in the primaries with people like this voting, I don't see an issue with him being Mormon.

I think the grand majority of you on here will be suprised at the 2012 election as you seem to think Obama has it in the bag, and why not, what a great job he has done. :rolleyes:

One great victory-getting bin laden. The rest very tame and lame. I will give him credit for the health care act, but sold his soul in the process, and for some of his backers in congress, they were exposed as basically accepting bribes in order to pass this legislation.

It has nothing to do with the job he has done, but the terrible cast of characters that may run against him. Any good candidate could beat him. For as unpopular Bush had become (and I believe the last election was largely a referendum on him) it is not as if Obama received 90% of the vote.

Honestly, I don't think any of the Rep. candidates have a chance. Campaigning will be an ugly event as all any one has to stand on, is pointing out what the other has not accomplished. Unfortunately no one has accomplished anything. Quite frankly (can't believe I'm saying this) I think at this point I would prefer President Obama win reelection. IMO he is far less dangerous to this country than any of the Republicans. Shame that we have to think of the not, who we think will be the best person for the job, but who will not be the worst. I am a staunch Republican, and at this point am not proud of that affiliation.

Honestly, I don't think any of the Rep. candidates have a chance. Campaigning will be an ugly event as all any one has to stand on, is pointing out what the other has not accomplished. Unfortunately no one has accomplished anything. Quite frankly (can't believe I'm saying this) I think at this point I would prefer President Obama win reelection. IMO he is far less dangerous to this country than any of the Republicans. Shame that we have to think of the not, who we think will be the best person for the job, but who will not be the worst. I am a staunch Republican, and at this point am not proud of that affiliation.

I could see Gov. Daniels, Gov. Christie, or Romney having a chance. Can't realistically see anyone else causing much of an issue for President Obama.