Republican Nominee Pool

Clyde

So he's already conceding the first (and perhaps most important) caucus?

I'm far from an expert on campaigning. My guess is he will suffer less harm if no one brings it up than if he shows up and gets hammered. It really speaks to the inordinate and inexplicable amount of power that a state the size of Iowa has.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Christie would be great on the ticket, but for whatever reason he doesn't feel compelled to run.

Dems have begin to look for dirt on him. I think they may fear him of all the potential candidates.

He said tonight that it simply comes down to it not being the right time for his family and he's 100% sure he will not be running in 2012.

Former Utah Gov. Huntsman will enter next week.

He will not campaign in Iowa though due to his opposition to ethanol subsidies which would have the effect of a major tax increase to many farmers in Iowa.

I just finished reading a book called "The Lincoln Nobody Knows." Here's a fascinating quote from the book referencing Lincoln's decision to run for President in 1860:

"At what point Lincoln began to take his prospects seriously, he never said, and there is no way of knowing. No doubt every politician, however humble and obscure, has days when he thinks of the sudden rise of other undistinguished men and feels at least faint stirrings of hope within his own heart."

He said tonight that it simply comes down to it not being the right time for his family and he's 100% sure he will not be running in 2012.
I have said for some time that I believe he feels his better odds are in 2016. Obama is still going to be a difficult candidate to defeat. Christie is the guy to take him down, but late history shows a Democrat will not be in office for 12 years straight. On the other end of spectrum it gives Christie 4 more years to have something go wrong.

I have said for some time that I believe he feels his better odds are in 2016. Obama is still going to be a difficult candidate to defeat. Christie is the guy to take him down, but late history shows a Democrat will not be in office for 12 years straight. On the other end of spectrum it gives Christie 4 more years to have something go wrong.

I wonder if he'd be open to being the VP on someone like Romney's ticket? :idunno:

I wonder if he'd be open to being the VP on someone like Romney's ticket? :idunno:
I don't think so. If he wants the big enchilada I am not sure he wants to wait 8 years for something to go wrong. With the media evolution the past 5-10 years, I do not believe going the VP route first is the way to the White House like it used to be. Speaking of VPs, has anyone seen or heard from Joe Biden lately?

I don't think so. If he wants the big enchilada I am not sure he wants to wait 8 years for something to go wrong. With the media evolution the past 5-10 years, I do not believe going the VP route first is the way to the White House like it used to be. Speaking of VPs, has anyone seen or heard from Joe Biden lately?

Actually, hasn't Biden been the one working on the Debt Ceiling talks?

Having water gun fights with his close unbiased media friends last I heard.

What's-her-name with the disgustingly long hands & fingers was discussing this very notion on O'Reilly's show last night. Christie would be a very good balance to the ticket if Mitt can convince him to jump in. But I think Bugatti is correct that Christie wants to be the lead dog.

What's-her-name with the disgustingly long hands & fingers was discussing this very notion on O'Reilly's show last night. Christie would be a very good balance to the ticket if Mitt can convince him to jump in. But I think Bugatti is correct that Christie wants to be the lead dog.

Coulter?