Republican Nominee Pool

Clyde

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With no disrespect to Senator McCain it's the same as it was in 2008. Nobody his age is getting elected president.

I actually felt like McCain was a formidable candidate. He was just the recipient of some really bad luck (Bush's awful second term). He also did himself no favors in selecting Sarah Palin as his running mate. On his own, however, I thought McCain was a solid candidate.

I actually felt like McCain was a formidable candidate. He was just the recipient of some really bad luck (Bush's awful second term). He also did himself no favors in selecting Sarah Palin as his running mate. On his own, however, I thought McCain was a solid candidate.

Palin killed it, but I've said since 2 months before the election that the GOP tried to save face with a "good candidate" but didn't put forth a winner. Looking back, America wanted change and we'd NEVER had a black President. Not sure if it would have mattered who was running against Obama. The more I learn about him the more I like him as an individual just still not as a president, on the other hand I'm becoming more moderate and less conservative so maybe he just caught me at a good time.

I agree.

I can't imagine Romney not running with Daniels apparently Christie sitting out.

I read something that said the Repubs are putting big-time pressure on Jeb Bush and/or Chris Christie to run--this coming mainly from the Daniels backers. Both have previously stated they would not seek the office in 2012.