Chambers 18

Doss 12

Reilly 6

Mullen 5

Rabe 4

Ayers 2

Bach 2

Swanson 2

Team totals: 16-44 (36.3), 4-14 (28.5), 15-17 (88.2)

Biggest omission from the box score is Andrew Sampson. Oldham held him to a total of six points in two games, well below his average of 12 per game. SK has a fine group of players coming back and hopefully they learned a thing or two this season. They played close with just about every team this season but just couldn't get over the hump.

Great game by both teams tonight...neither wanted to go home! Oldham seemed to have things in hand midway through the third, going up 37-23, but SK battled back with solid defense. Chambers shot lights out, and Doss was big at the line for SK. But Oldham County didn't get rattled, even when SK tied it at 51 inside the final minute, and Kerrie Smith made an incredible play to give Oldham the lead on a layup plus a free throw, and Oldham's defense was absolutely stifling on SK's final possession.

Two great first round games in the 8th tonight - both decided by 3 points (Henry beat Collins, 52-49, in the other game)

The play towards the end of the game, if a foul is called and a kid takes two more steps and shots, that is not an And 1! Having said that, Oldham did what they had to do to win! SK gets down in games at times and then plays a lot better towards the end, only to come up short! GREAT job by Junior Doss, 10/10 from the line! SK had Oldham tired the last quarter, and had their chances to win.

Oldham wins Vs Henry Co.

Don't blame the ref sports guy! :) I thought they let Simon Kenton beat on the big kids from Oldham all night. That had to be the best game Doss ever played. I thought he looked really good last night.
Did you actually read what I said? I take it you did not! Read beyond the first sentence. No one blamed anyone! Just stating that was not an And 1. :thumb:

Cody may have shot lights out, but he sure acted like he didn't want to be there. To many stupid mental mistakes by a player with his experience. JR gave SK a huge boost off the bench, close to a double double.

The last second 30 foot back shot at the end of the first, prove to be the difference in the score. The last and 1 was bogus also.

Cody may have shot lights out, but he sure acted like he didn't want to be there. To many stupid mental mistakes by a player with his experience. JR gave SK a huge boost off the bench, close to a double double.

The last second 30 foot back shot at the end of the first, prove to be the difference in the score. The last and 1 was bogus also.

Watching it online, I wonder why Oldham quit running the high ball screen? Simon Kenton had no answer. Yes, it seemed as an NBA and 1 but it was off the high ball screen. Chambers made some shots but his ball handling looked real shaky. Great game all around. 8th region is WIDE open. Has Henry County ever been to a regional final?

IMO SK had the chance to win, but most of the players on the floor looked like they had no desire to be there. The passes were lazy and turned over many times, also not a lot of hustle. There was no effort to get the ball into the hands of some of the shooters that are needed to win a game. You cannot wait till the last two to three minutes of a game to decide to play because you don't want your season to end. At that point it is to late. Oldham County used their bench wisely, SK uses maybe one or two off the bench, could have made the difference in the game to have fresh legs and boys out there that may play with desire to win.

The play towards the end of the game, if a foul is called and a kid takes two more steps and shots, that is not an And 1! .

An "and 1" can be called even if the player has stopped dribbling and takes one more step. If A1 picks up the ball while going towards a shot , gets fouled, takes one more step in what would have been his normal shooting motion then it's an "and 1."

Picking it up and taking TWO steps would not. Two steps would be a travel.

Very disappointed in the Simon Kenton crowd last night. I bet they didn't have 25 students there not counting the band.

I agree. When I first sat down I texted someone to see what size of school that SK was and was astonished to know it was a 6 A school. Hard to believe with that kind of crowd. It was a hard fought game on both sides. OC got in foul trouble in the first half as 4 of the starters were on the bench toward the end of the 2nd quarter. They came out on an 8-0 run to start the 3rd but SK battled back. I really like the big guy, Junior, from SK. He came off the bench and played very well.