Trinity 48 Eastern 12

loady

Was it just me or did Eastern's team look sloppy? And by sloppy I mean dressing sloppy. About every other player, it seemed like, had their jersey hanging all the way down to their knees. It just looked bad, IMO

A disciplined Eastern team could be a real threat in the state, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Eastern looked uninspired all night til the last few min when they finally subbed 14 in at qb. Nothing about their game was impressive. Good eagle fan base though... way better than most. T played well. Silly/stupid mistakes need to go away. O-line still having some brain spasms. Z is a weapon with 2 nice fgs. I think one was like 45 yds. Who does T play next week?

Surprisingly huge crowd tonight for the game. Trinity is much, much better than Eastern and was up 41-0 in the 3rd. Weitlauf played great tonight and ran down Eastern's elusive qb three or four times. I really don't think this team has "trap games" anymore, and I attribute that to the coaches.

27 in a row versus instate foes...

Eastern's not a bad club at all (4-0 coming in). Trinity had to work to get this win. Thankfully, it looks like T's tackling is improving. They put some hard, secure hits on the Eagles. To Eastern's credit, they continued to get up and get ready for the next play. T did not show much spice in its offense, IMO. Eastern's two TD's came in the last 5 minutes. Thought T contained Ferguson fairly well. Was not overly impressed with T's rush attack.