St. X 21 DuPont Manual 14

STRIKE3

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all knew that Manual is for real...The problem is that with the close games, Nichols gets in his own way...this has been the case for years and years now. The duPont faithful can argue, and say we know nothing, but yet again, a game like this is a great indicator of such prophecies....great game Manual, you showed you are legit....you gotta come out swinging every game from here on out....X...see you next week.

We all knew that Manual is for real...The problem is that with the close games, Nichols gets in his own way...this has been the case for years and years now. The duPont faithful can argue, and say we know nothing, but yet again, a game like this is a great indicator of such prophecies....great game Manual, you showed you are legit....you gotta come out swinging every game from here on out....X...see you next week.

I'm certainly a faithful Crimson, and I may argue about certain things, but I don't discount everything said. I unfortunately couldn't see this game but from everything I heard Manual did what they could. It's easier to call out a single coach or player when you play a team like X because EVERYONE has to be perfect in order to get the W. Nichols didn't lose the game... just like he didn't win the game against Male in 01 or against Trinity in 03, either. I'm not trying to call anyone out here, really, I'm just saying there are far too many factors involved, pattern or no pattern.

Congrats X... I hope we see each other in the playoffs and with a different outcome!!!

Rams, keep your heads up! The season has barely just begun!

I'm not really upset or disappointed about this loss. St X was clearly the better team. I think the coaches at PRP and Butler did a disservice to honesty when they voted Manual #1 in the district. It was obvious in the pregame warm ups that X was physically superior and the depth factor was already a given.

The one thing I feel good about this game is that Manual improved as the game went on. St X was the first defense that we have played that we simply couldn't outplay. We really looked shell shocked in the beginning at how impenetrable the Tiger D seemed to be. It didn't help the the passing game didn't click at all early on, partly due to pressure on the QB but partly due to hastily chucked balls. It never really felt like Harness was settled in the passing game at all toinight despite the fact that we did make some throws.

Defensively it kind of went the same way. I don't think Manual was ready for the way X smacked them in the mouth right at the begining but after it settled down and realized that they were playing big boy ball they play as well I could have hoped for. Ultimately the defense played well enough to win the game, the mismatch of our offense to there defense was in my opinion the determining factor.

Many people have made reference to Manual having athletes. But honestly I think tonight showed that we really lack an game breaker speed to scare the top teams.

Again I think St X was clearly the better team, but Manual should come out of this game with some confidence that they played better as the game wore on.

I really don't think you can say that with this game in particular. Manual was down 14-0 at the half and came back to make 21-14. The game was close because Manual fought there way back in it, and against a better team.

Congratulations to the Rams on making this a whale of a game! :thumb:

As I thought when I was predicting a 24-13 Tiger victory, it was the defenses for both teams which really stood out. The Crimsons did a fantastic job of controlling the Tigers rushing attack after the first series.

St. X. will have a lot to work on to get ready for the Rocks next week. The long-snapping on punts was horrible. The first snap bounced back to the punter, then three high snaps which the punter managed to snare. Holding a 21-7 lead late in the 4th quarter, the snapper then zoomed it over the punter's head, giving the ball to Manual at the X 2-yardline. These problems have occurred off and on all year. Surely somewhere amongst all our players, we can find a decent snapper. It's time to find some more Mattinglys. :irked:

11 on 11 is not = to 7 on 7. What was the X breakdown of run vs. pass?
Pete W usually has very detailed stats. My best guess wouldn't be very good as to the actual pass run ratio, but it seemed like St X only threw down field about three times, all the others were screens or quick slants.

I was very impressed with both teams, I really think that Manual was a real threat to St.X the whole game but the Tigers were very impressive again this year. But I was proud of Manual's effort, I think that they played better as the game went on and learned a lot, which is good because Shelby county is pretty darn good too.

Tough D from both teams.

Big Crowd.

The National Anthem was an all-time highlight.

Manual's cheerleader has an incredible voice interrupted by PA problems multiple times. After the laast breakdown, both crowds simultaneously joined the song and provided one of the best renditions I have ever heard.

Tough D from both teams.

Big Crowd.

The National Anthem was an all-time highlight.

Manual's cheerleader has an incredible voice interrupted by PA problems multiple times. After the laast breakdown, both crowds simultaneously joined the song and provided one of the best renditions I have ever heard.

I agree! :thumb: