St. X 21 DuPont Manual 14

STRIKE3

St. X snaps one over the head of the punter and gets tackled at the one yard line. TD Crimsons - one yard drive. The ST.X penalty yardage helped keep M in the game. One St.X TD was called back on a penalty. St.X defense came up with a couple of big stops. Offense had a few big plays and ran out the clock late. A win is a win. Manuel is a good team. St.X could play much better, especially on Offense and special teams. A win none the less. Moving on. It was nice to be back at the old stadium.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm certainly a faithful Crimson, and I may argue about certain things, but I don't discount everything said. I unfortunately couldn't see this game but from everything I heard Manual did what they could. It's easier to call out a single coach or player when you play a team like X because EVERYONE has to be perfect in order to get the W. Nichols didn't lose the game... just like he didn't win the game against Male in 01 or against Trinity in 03, either. I'm not trying to call anyone out here, really, I'm just saying there are far too many factors involved, pattern or no pattern.

Congrats X... I hope we see each other in the playoffs and with a different outcome!!!

Rams, keep your heads up! The season has barely just begun!

It's really easy to blame coaches when you lose a close game & that comes with the territory, but honestly I don't recall anyone having the heartbreaks that Manual has had in football since I've been on BGP.

I really hope that sometime soon the tides turn and Manual has their time to shine.

St. X had 40 rushes for 178, passed 8-14-0 for 112 add in 2 sacks and they had 37 running plays, and 16 passes (bad punt snap counts as a rush in high school & NCAA).

Manual had 39 carries for 77 yards, passed 7-21-1 for 155, 3 sacks so 36 carries, 24 passing plays.

A key stat was Manual was 2-4 in redzone tonight, but I don't think it was Nichols taking the blame for those (once again Nichols calls the defense not the offense) but credit a very good St. X defense and a little help from the refs. Manual's Wells (#11) breaks open on a short pass and gets inside the 5, but called out on the 15, we watched this in slow motion about 10 times tonight he wasn't out until Hale hits him inside the 5.

Manual then gets a phantom hold call when it would have been first and goal at the 3. Then we threw a interception on 3rd and long after the holding penalty. The other stalled redzone drive Manual faces 4th and 3 on the X 13, when X is in a defense not good for the play called Manual's whole sideline is trying to call a timeout (very visible and animated on film) and no timeout awarded, St X stuffs the play and takes over on downs.

If the Refs aren't a factor in these 2 drives who knows what happens.

Harness didn't have a very good game, he did seem to be missing reads and didn't throw to a couple of open guys checking down to others. Instead of trusting the guys to get open he seemed to be waiting for them to get Stevie Johnson open but that wasn't happening against a tough and disciplined St. X defense.

St. X has a very good defense, the long snapping needs work lucky for St. X Gray is 6' 1" and only missed one of those high snaps, he had to leap to field a couple more and if the other kicker Bosscher 5' 8" had been in Manual may have had much better field position. Gray did very well, even if some probably wished he had knocked that ball out for a safety, good performance for the soph kicker. I had him average 35.8 per punt with 4/5 inside the 20.

heck of a game by both teams, but the last time i checked, coach nichols played and graduated from Providence...in what, 89? 90? 91? I dont think he was out there playing tonight and winning or losing the game. You take away 3 or 4 plays for X....we got OT or a manual win, but those were there, good game X. I think many of you have to agree, Deuce doesnt break that long run at the end, hes under 100 for the night.... i mean gotta have hats off to the Crimson Defense on that.

X, good speed. Your coach needs to stay on the sidelines more though, he loves working those officials too much, If i were a ref, which thank god im not, glaser would have been out of the game on some of those coming out on the field to the hashes to argue a call. But anyways, give credit where credit is due, good game.

The National Anthem was the most thrilling I have ever heard. A display of class by everyone at the game. It was spontaneous, heartfelt, and rousing. Props to the entire crowd, but especially Manual, because I think that is where it began. The young lady had a wonderful voice, and the faulty PA was overcome by the display of grace and patriotism of the crowd.

Good game Manual. Hope to meet again on the playoff trail. :thumb:

The National Anthem was the most thrilling I have ever heard. A display of class by everyone at the game. It was spontaneous, heartfelt, and rousing. Props to the entire crowd, but especially Manual, because I think that is where it began. The young lady had a wonderful voice, and the faulty PA was overcome by the display of grace and patriotism of the crowd.

Good game Manual. Hope to meet again on the playoff trail. :thumb:

That was great, the wireless microphone was working fine before the Game but something (perhaps something in the neighborhood or the coaches headsets) started running on a similar channel and caused it to cut in and out. But the entire stadium broke out in song to back her up and it was neat.:thumb:

Congratulations to the Rams on making this a whale of a game! :thumb:

As I thought when I was predicting a 24-13 Tiger victory, it was the defenses for both teams which really stood out. The Crimsons did a fantastic job of controlling the Tigers rushing attack after the first series.

St. X. will have a lot to work on to get ready for the Rocks next week. The long-snapping on punts was horrible. The first snap bounced back to the punter, then three high snaps which the punter managed to snare. Holding a 21-7 lead late in the 4th quarter, the snapper then zoomed it over the punter's head, giving the ball to Manual at the X 2-yardline. These problems have occurred off and on all year. Surely somewhere amongst all our players, we can find a decent snapper. It's time to find some more Mattinglys. :irked:

It was DJ's first time snapping. The snap was bad,but not taking the safety was worse. If someone else could do it better I am sure coach Glaser would have whoever snapping. I have confidence the boys will get it right. Defense played great offense did just enough. Great game for Will Simmons. Penalties and mistakes by X kept this game closer that it should have been.

Your coach needs to stay on the sidelines more though, he loves working those officials too much, If i were a ref, which thank god im not, glaser would have been out of the game on some of those coming out on the field to the hashes to argue a call. But anyways, give credit where credit is due, good game.

Honestly, I thought Coach Nichols overstepped his boundaries on many occasions last night doing exactly what you are saying Coach G is guilty of. I mentioned it several times during the game. That being said, I did observe the 1st half from my faithful old perch in the endzone (toward the Ram side)and moved to the Manual sideline fence to join a Ram parent/friend for the second half so Coach Nichols was in much clearer view to me than the St. X side. With the X staff sporting their new yellow attire, I had a hard time looking in that direction too.:scared:

Overall, great victory for the Tigers against a tough Ram squad. I never felt like the Tigers were losing control of the game the whole time but I was very impressed with the conditioning of the Rams-I thought the 4th quarter would be ugly in the Tigers favor due to the numbers and was proven wrong. Ben & Deuce played very well IMO and the defense was outstanding containing Rhayven's speed and putting pressure on Harness. Great win-Go TIGERS this Friday.:dancingpa

It was DJ's first time snapping. The snap was bad,but not taking the safety was worse. If someone else could do it better I am sure coach Glaser would have whoever snapping. I have confidence the boys will get it right. Defense played great offense did just enough. Great game for Will Simmons. Penalties and mistakes by X kept this game closer that it should have been.

I dont want to hear excuses, in St. X's scheme and the way they do things there is no excuse for that type of play. Your alls defense played great, but with the exception of about 3 plays, you have to admit, Manual contained Deuce and Zoeller very well. The game was close because both teams played great on the defensive side of the ball. I dont want excuses for the special teams, everyone knows that catholic schools play good sound discipline football...

Honestly, I thought Coach Nichols overstepped his boundaries on many occasions last night doing exactly what you are saying Coach G is guilty of. I mentioned it several times during the game. That being said, I did observe the 1st half from my faithful old perch in the endzone (toward the Ram side)and moved to the Manual sideline fence to join a Ram parent/friend for the second half so Coach Nichols was in much clearer view to me than the St. X side. With the X staff sporting their new yellow attire, I had a hard time looking in that direction too.:scared:

Overall, great victory for the Tigers against a tough Ram squad. I never felt like the Tigers were losing control of the game the whole time but I was very impressed with the conditioning of the Rams-I thought the 4th quarter would be ugly in the Tigers favor due to the numbers and was proven wrong. Ben & Deuce played very well IMO and the defense was outstanding containing Rhayven's speed and putting pressure on Harness. Great win-Go TIGERS this Friday.:dancingpa

I taped the game and I can show you tons of times where Glaser was out on the field trying to work the refs or moaning about a call. Thats what he does good is he works the refs for his favor, if you're around X this week, tell Coach G that there is no such thing in high school football as an uncatchable ball on a pass interference. Also those yellow shirts were nice, i thought the tour de france was in town

I dont want to hear excuses, in St. X's scheme and the way they do things there is no excuse for that type of play. Your alls defense played great, but with the exception of about 3 plays, you have to admit, Manual contained Deuce and Zoeller very well. The game was close because both teams played great on the defensive side of the ball. I dont want excuses for the special teams, everyone knows that catholic schools play good sound discipline football...

And the streak goes on.

I taped the game and I can show you tons of times where Glaser was out on the field trying to work the refs or moaning about a call. Thats what he does good is he works the refs for his favor, if you're around X this week, tell Coach G that there is no such thing in high school football as an uncatchable ball on a pass interference. Also those yellow shirts were nice, i thought the tour de france was in town

If I could decipher what you said, given your obvious spelling and grammatical errors, I may pay more attention to what you said (could have sworn there was a rule saying we had to at least try to use proper punctuation and capitalization). Until then, I'll continue to celebrate 16 straight victories against the Rams. Still proving that while Manual may own the land, we own the stadium!

Congrats Tigers. Time to get ready for the big one next week!