Ever Heard of a Numbering System?

First let me say I hope she does do a good job. BUT why are schools hiring coaches with no exp. for fastpitch it doesn't fly for other sports why can they get away with it for softball.

I agree with you, but I assume it is because there are not enough people out there with experience to coach or if there is they are not interested for one reason or another. I know of an individual with experience that interviewed for a head coaching position a few years ago. He was offered the position but turned it down because there was VERT LITTLE compensation. I believe head coaches of other sports such as basketball and football, while they do not pay a lot, pay a lot more than a fastpitch softball head coach.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is opening day tomorrow for everyone. I know HC plays Lloyd.

Officially opening day was Wednesday, March 7. I believe there were only two games scheduled throughout the state. Too bad because that was probably the best day of the week to play. Good luck with your game at Lloyd.

We are scrimmaging I think. My kid didn't remember who. Maybe we will number the boats too. The monsoons are coming. I just hate to see the carnage

I understand you feel like you are in a bad situation and believe me I couldn't picture a worse situation for my daughter with out some type of physical abuse happening but I still want to see the kids play and have the best time possible. If yours is so bad why play.

I understand you feel like you are in a bad situation and believe me I couldn't picture a worse situation for my daughter with out some type of physical abuse happening but I still want to see the kids play and have the best time possible. If yours is so bad why play.

And why bring it to a public forum?

I think it is a good way to see what other people think. I didn't want to eb the only parent in the world that thought this was completely nuts. It has helped my mental health to see most everyone agrees with me completely. I love my kid and just want her and the other kids to have a good situation. Didn't they have other applicants for this job?

Sandi Kitchen is a good coach and a good person. I'm sure she has a reason for this numbering system and that it will benefit everyone in the long run if given a chance. I hope you do not have the same attitude when talking to your daughter or she will never seek to improve. Girls especially, need all the encouragement they can get! My advice to your daughter, for what it's worth, is to go talk to Coach Kitchen about the numbering system, what it means and how she can work to become a better player. Good luck to the Lady Camels this season.

I totally agree with you camelbump. It is a point system that is set up for failure right from the start. My daughter goes to Notre Dame and believe me, there is enough drama that goes on, on our team, but the coach does not look to start any. Like I said earlier in the season, we played the Camels 2 times last year and beat them twice. We weren't a very good team at that. If I were the Camels, I would be totally humiliated, that is a huge school! Maybe that is why the Shakelford girl left the team:idunno: I know when they brought her in to pitch against us, we only scored 1 run off of her. Maybe she didn't have a low number on their point system, maybe that's why she didn't start?? It's just kind of confusing why the coach would want to start up a bunch of drama before the season even gets started:cry: I'm excited about our team this year, and unfortunately we are going to play against the Shakelford girl on Brossart.:cry: