Ever Heard of a Numbering System?

:eek:My daughter came home today and said the coach assigned each of them a number as to how they were ranked on the team. I never heard of anything like that have any of you? I remember mom telling me about Margi McKenna having a two hour basketball scrimmage one day without a basketball. One was the best player on the team etc. I told my daughter to just work hard she was like way down the list.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to be strange way to evaluate a team. What is the number based on. I would think there would be different skills for different positions. Batting would be different. ex power hitter, slap hitter, fastest. The catcher will probably be different the center fielder. Makes no sense to me.

Our pitcher was Number 1. One girl got no number talk about no man's land

This is pure sillyness. I would really love to know what in the hell this coach is trying to accomplish with this tactic, to me this is a real "head scratcher". :confused:

What school is this, please!!!!

If you haven't had any games or even much practice time, that numbering system is a complete joke. It sound like a popularity contest to me. It is sad that at some schools, they don't base your number on your skill.

If you haven't had any games or even much practice time, that numbering system is a complete joke. It sound like a popularity contest to me. It is sad that at some schools, they don't base your number on your skill.

Completely agree.

How are your numbers CAMELBUMP? Sounds like he/she may be trying to discourage some from playing to reduce numbers, but I'm not sure. :idunno: I would be interested to know though, what the purpose of this is for. By the way, who is the new coach for the Camels? And welcome to BGP CAMELBUMP.