What is Highlands' secret?

woodsrider

That is by far one of the best posts that I have ever read on here! Not all people dis-like your program. Many of us in west KY root for you because in one shape or another every little community has traits of Ft. Thomas. In your community you seem to wrap every quality up year in and year out, and that equals sucess. Congrats on all of your accompishments and good luck next weekend.

Thank you.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While some of my Ft T friends will disagree there is a downside to the football success and that's the impact on basketball and baseball.

I don't say that with any venom. I'm not passing any judgement. I'm not criticizing anyone involved in HHS football.

I'm just saying there are downsides.

While some of my Ft T friends will disagree there is a downside to the football success and that's the impact on basketball and baseball.

I don't say that with any venom. I'm not passing any judgement. I'm not criticizing anyone involved in HHS football.

Been beat to death in the bball forum.

While I agree with you that football does have an adverse impact on baseball and basketball, how about starting a new thread if that subject wants to be debated again ad nauseum. But how about asking: if CovCath's success in baseball and basketball has an adverse impact on their football program.

While I agree with you that football does have an adverse impact on baseball and basketball, how about starting a new thread if that subject wants to be debated again ad nauseum.

This is the perfect forum for it IMO and I'm not looking to beat anything to death.

I don't think many people realize there are pros and cons, thus, the comment.

It would be like having a thread about "how to make the tastiest donuts" without mentioning that the fat you put in there, while maybe being one of the key reasons it's very tasty, also has some downside. I'm still eating the donut but now I know it's not risk-free.

This is the perfect forum for it IMO and I'm not looking to beat anything to death.

I don't think many people realize there are pros and cons, thus, the comment.

It would be like having a thread about "how to make the tastiest donuts" without mentioning that the fat you put in there, while maybe being one of the key reasons it's very tasty, also has some downside. I'm still eating the donut but now I know it's not risk-free.

Might be the right forum; not the right thread. The thread asked what was the secret to Highlands football success. Not whether that success impacted the other sports.

The biggest advantage I have seen in regards to Highlands is the fact that in addition to all points thus listed, the community/football families/etc. invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in our school and programs, not just sports annually. We are a Blue Ribbon School who is currently in the midst of a three part multi-million dollar renovation on our school largely funded by the community because we are an independent. The football program receives over $25000 on an annual basis just to provide the best equipment and coaching tools available. A lot of this has to do with demographics, not just the close-minded attitude of "we are better than you". Overall the Community is the catalyst.

BINGO ....my point exactly...it is all about the community and parents supporting it....if your community and parents support it everything else follows...administration support, players who come to practice and make no excuses, coaches who succeed because they are supported by the parents and administrators, etc, etc, etc. developemental leagues are a by product of community and parental support.

Nah, the KHSAA didn't change the rule. I've heard that before so I need to put it to bed. The rule was not changed at all. Teams could still request to be moved up if they were geographically isolated. Highlands was not considered as being geographically isolated being in a district including CovCath, Pendleton and Harrison.

Sorry misinformed....:thumb:

Financially it has a very positive effect on baseball, basketball and just about everyother sport at Highlands.