Nepotism at Saint Henry? Andy Furman thinks so...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...He should be on many lists CSHS.... :D

One thing about this story I haven't heard or read commented, who initiated this article, the parents, player or just investigative work?

I feel pretty safe in saying it wasn't "investigative work" and that it WAS a disgrunted parent who has a friend with a podium.

Never met either but this article smacks of use of the media, by one party to attempt an outcry for a return for the player, by the player's family and to discredit a coach.

If what NKBOY is reporting in item #5 and #7 is accurate, than the answer could be nothing more than that.

Anytime you hear journalism and innuendo's, keep in mind there are always 3 sides....this side, that side and somewhere in the middle....The Truth.

JMO.... :thumb:

If anyone on this sight has an insight on St.Henry basketball is NKYBoy. So everyone should take what he posted to be the truth.

The only advice I have for the kid, is transfer to an opossing school if you think you have the talent, and make Coach Faust pay in your mind. Sounds like you need to change a little bit on your attitude because no top program will take a kid who has a negative one. Don't live in the past in move on. If he was St.Henry's best freshman on the freshman team last year there is without a doubt a program he can play for next year.

WORD OF CAUTION:

Lets not get into details about the kid that was cut. I have no doubt the coach did what he thought was best but we do NOT need to break down the kid in order to defend the coach.

I think 99% of us believe that the coach didn't do anything wrong. Just because a disgrunted parent goes to his puppet in the press to cry about his son being cut does NOT mean we have the right to speak poorly of the young man in question.

:thumb: Yes, let's remember that this young man is 15-16 years old.

Wasn't their a booster that tried to get Dave Faust fired a few years ago as a result of his son's lack of PT?
...things like this probably go on at most schools, much too often and I'm not saying they have in this case.

Gone are the days, when student-athletes progressed, adapted, survived and thrived on their own merits....we are in an advanced time in technology, training and conditioning but we have regressing in ethics from players, fans and coaches across the US.

No one wins in situations like this, too many hard feelings, misrepresented truths, allegations but always keep the best interest of the player in mind, before going public, with what should have been a private situation, between player/family and team....Team, one of my favorite words.

Just up somthing. The parents are friends of Furman and did cotact him. In my last point on my earlier post, the mother did tell the SHDHS Boosters, she knows people and can make this miserble for the school and program.

The mother raised a fuss a while ago, and I had heard that they were not going to let this thing drop a week or so ago. It's very disappointing on both the Kadetzs' part & Andy Furman's that it reached this level, though. That is, being published.

I have to say as I sat reading this story Sunday, I was in total disbelief!!!! I kept thinking why is this newsworthy, even for a want-a-be rag like the Challenger?? Totally classless, especially the shots at the Otte kids. Like most, I have no knowledge of this situation, but based on Coach Faust's record, etc.; I can't imagine he would cut a kid that could help them (and they could use help like most teams) for no good reason??

This was a totally irresponsible airing of dirty laundry, by an equally inept "journalist"!! :confused: