Nepotism at Saint Henry? Andy Furman thinks so...

Andy Furman is a no class loudmouth clown that enjoys exactly what we are doing right now and that's discussing this article that he wrote.

Dave Faust is a class guy and runs a class program. Furman has absolutely no class and has a no class program that I pretty much refuse to listen to. When will they put one of the guys (Skinner, Gamble, McAllister) from 1360 Homer in the 6-9 time slot and run this idiot out of town.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunate situation for all involved. 20 years ago an incident like this would have spurred a student to work harder in the off-season so that next year he can prove the coach wrong. I recall a VERY good basketball player being cut from his team as a sophomore. He didn't give up. He worked hard and today people the world over recognize his name--Michael Jordan. Today, it spurs people to whine and cry and threaten.

A+

Look, we can all complain about it on here and have very little, if any , impact. OR we can write to the editor and voice our concerns. I have chosen this route and sent the following to Tom Mitsoff, editor, at the Challenger. Email: tmitsoff@challengernky.com.

Tom,

I write to take your paper and , specifically, Andy Furman to task for his unfounded accusation of nepotism at St Henry High School. For the record, I have no affiliation with St Henry . I do , though , have children and I would be very upset if the fact that my child made a team was called into question by someone who has a history of doing no research into anything he writes or talks about. The Otte boy who made the team instead of the Kadetz boy should not have to defend his selection nor have it questioned by someone who NEVER gets out and sees any high school sports. Add in the fact that he is publicly questioning the integrity of a highly respected person in Dave Faust is journalism at its worst.

Secondly, as the editor , you are allowing one of your writers to be used by his friend to put out a story when there is no story. If I'm friends with Andy, can I, too, get him to complain about issues I'm having? Is that how papers work? Can I get the pulpit some time? I have many issues I'd like to complain about.

The article was an embarassment to you, Bill Butler, and , less importantly, Andy Furman. Apolgoies are owed to Dave Faust as well as the Otte family.

When you combine this article with the derogatory comments made by Andy towards the Dayton High School football team at a banquet last year, you have an employee that is doing absolutely no good to your organization.

I trust that you will share this complaint with Donald Then as well as Mr. Butler.

Look, we can all complain about it on here and have very little, if any , impact. OR we can write to the editor and voice our concerns. I have chosen this route and sent the following to Tom Mitsoff, editor, at the Challenger. Email: tmitsoff@challengernky.com.

Tom,

I write to take your paper and , specifically, Andy Furman to task for his unfounded accusation of nepotism at St Henry High School. For the record, I have no affiliation with St Henry . I do , though , have children and I would be very upset if the fact that my child made a team was called into question by someone who has a history of doing no research into anything he writes or talks about. The Otte boy who made the team instead of the Kadetz boy should not have to defend his selection nor have it questioned by someone who NEVER gets out and sees any high school sports. Add in the fact that he is publicly questioning the integrity of a highly respected person in Dave Faust is journalism at its worst.

Secondly, as the editor , you are allowing one of your writers to be used by his friend to put out a story when there is no story. If I'm friends with Andy, can I, too, get him to complain about issues I'm having? Is that how papers work? Can I get the pulpit some time? I have many issues I'd like to complain about.

The article was an embarassment to you, Bill Butler, and , less importantly, Andy Furman. Apolgoies are owed to Dave Faust as well as the Otte family.

When you combine this article with the derogatory comments made by Andy towards the Dayton High School football team at a banquet last year, you have an employee that is doing absolutely no good to your organization.

I trust that you will share this complaint with Donald Then as well as Mr. Butler.

:thumb:

Make sure you post the response

If anyone on this sight has an insight on St.Henry basketball is NKYBoy. So everyone should take what he posted to be the truth.

The only advice I have for the kid, is transfer to an opossing school if you think you have the talent, and make Coach Faust pay in your mind.
Sounds like you need to change a little bit on your attitude because no top program will take a kid who has a negative one. Don't live in the past in move on. If he was St.Henry's best freshman on the freshman team last year there is without a doubt a program he can play for next year.

:rolleyes: And where might you suggest he go? Maybe someplace that has a "COMMUNITY. :D

Maybe I'll see you at the game. I'll be the handsome guy in the hat.

From now on I will get my ruebens at Arbys

For the record, I think he's completely divested of the Izzy's business now; and if he's still involved in the business his father founded, it's only in a very small % ownership capacity. The folks that own it now are fine, hardworking people and don't deserve any boycott because a daddy is upset his kid got cut, and goes to his loudmouth friend who an irresponsible publication gave a forum to!!

Besides there's no comparison to the sandwiches!! :D

A lot can change for a boy between their Freshman and Sophomore years. Some kids grow 5 inches, some polish skills, some hit the weights, some mature. Who knows? The thing that seems lost here is the fact we are talking about a 15 year old kid and a high school coach that coaches for the love of the game. These aren't professionals making millions! The coach can keep who he wants! If a kid doesn't make it, then go back to work and make it next year, or transfer if you feel like you were treated unfairly! The parents and Furman didn't teach this young man a thing by going this route!!!

Look, we can all complain about it on here... OR, we can write to the editor (at) tmitsoff@challengernky.com.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I just sent my note to Tom as follows:

This outrageous article is hurtful to our community. Northern Kentucky is a fine place to live. Our hard working, upstanding school administrators and reputable coaches do not deserve low class, unfounded shots being taken at them in our community newspaper. Please take care to review articles from Mr. Furman in the future to ensure that the quality of life in our community does not suffer at the hands of a loose-lipped, Jerry Springer type entertainer.

While I have no dog in this fight, I would be personally outraged if my teenage sons were unduly criticized in such a public manner. To have the hard-earned privilege of making your high school team become tarnished by careless editing on your part is a real shame. I feel strongly that your newspaper owes the Otte family a public apology.

Let's work together to make Northern Kentucky the greatest place in the Cincinnati region to raise a family.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I just sent my note to Tom as follows:

This outrageous article is hurtful to our community. Northern Kentucky is a fine place to live. Our hard working, upstanding school administrators and reputable coaches do not deserve low class, unfounded shots being taken at them in our community newspaper. Please take care to review articles from Mr. Furman in the future to ensure that the quality of life in our community does not suffer at the hands of a loose-lipped, Jerry Springer type entertainer.

While I have no dog in this fight, I would be personally outraged if my teenage sons were unduly criticized in such a public manner. To have the hard-earned privilege of making your high school team become tarnished by careless editing on your part is a real shame. I feel strongly that your newspaper owes the Otte family a public apology.

Let's work together to make Northern Kentucky the greatest place in the Cincinnati region to raise a family.

Here's mine--Curious if anyone gets an answer??

Mr. Mitsoff,

I read this article Sunday morning in total disbelief? What is newsworthy about a high school kid getting cut from a basketball team? Did anyone at your publication take the time to look into any of the facts involved with this matter, before you allowed one of your writers to print accusations of nepotism, etc. against a well respected coach and a fine institution? As uncalled for as the article itself was, you really went over the line with the suggestion that the two Otte boys, whose father happens to be the principal; were on the team for that sole reason. How would you like to be those two teenage boys having those type accusations leveled at you by a Sunday newspaper on the front page?? For the record, I have no affiliation with St. Henry, Coach Faust, or any of the families mentioned; but rather support a rival institution. As a newcomer on the journalistic scene, your paper just lost a huge amount of creditability even printing a story that should be kept in the confines of the offices of St. Henry High School. Embarrassing!!