How do these 10 Public schools win so often?

All Play No Work

What makes these 10 Public schools so successful in football in the 2000s and can other schools learn anything from them?

(81%) 67-15 Beechwood

(79%) 60-16 Bowling Green

(92%) 81-7 Boyle Co.

(75%) 55-18 Bullitt East

(84%) 73-14 Danville

(65%/ 80%) 56-30, 69-17 Highlands

(75%) 62-20 Hopkinsville

(83%) 68-14 Male

(84%) 68-13 Rockcastle Co.

(79%) 63-17 Russell

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? You may want to inform the fine taxpayers of Ft Mitchell and Ft Thomas that their taxes are going to a private school.

They really are better off being independents,tax payer funded and

can take out of district students.If they pay tuition.Cost can be

smaller than private tuition if their home school district has a

reciprocal agreement with that particular school to offset costs.

They really are better off being independents,tax payer funded and

can take out of district students.If they pay tuition.Cost can be

smaller than private tuition if their home school district has a

reciprocal agreement with that particular school to offset costs.

I wonder why no such "reciprocal agreement" is offered to students willing to opt out of their district school and attend a private school. Sounds like a double standard. At the very least it sounds like "financial aid".

Male is a Public Private school, meaning they are funded with public money but have the ability to accept and get rid of any students they want. Something us Jefferson County people have started calling them. Manual would also be classified as one. Basically they can pick and choose the type of student they want or athlete. Sports are good there and test scores are high.

They are public schools just like the county schools; they are just independent of the county school. They are no more private than Scott County, Campbell County and Boone County are. And any county school can do the exact the exact same things (including acepting out of district students) that the independent schools do for the one billionth time.

Well, I can tell you a little bit about Russell's success. I believe the beginning is a very good feeder system. In 1968, that was started. Then in 1976, Ivan McGlone was hired, then in 1977, Russell lost a close game to Ft Thomas in the Semi-Finals, then in 1978, they won their first State Title, Then had another good team in 1979.

I believe those three years built the excitement of Russell football. Having a solid feeder program, A great coach, and a community that believes in the program is what makes Russell a consistently good team.

I also have to mention the rest of McGlones Staff. He has some great coaches helping.