Anyone start practice yet? rules question

I believe what it is intended to mean is coaches can work with their players on skill development. Whether that ends up happening at schools is a completely different question.

Same with the rule last year. Some coaches "interpretation" of open gyms was always different than others, if you know what I mean.

I think there were good intentions when the new rule was approved, but I believe it can easily be abused.

My understanding is that there are still defined seasons. However, unlike before, coaches can now work with players in the offseason. For example, baseball still starts 2.15 but coaches can start working with pitchers earlier than that.

I noticed that coaches are now out a minimum of 3 games when ejected.

I'm confused though on player ejections. Looks like it says a minimum of one game for an ejection but then it says "following the day of ejection there shall be a minimum of 2 additional games for any participant ejected."

What does that mean?

I noticed that coaches are now out a minimum of 3 games when ejected.

I'm confused though on player ejections. Looks like it says a minimum of one game for an ejection but then it says "following the day of ejection there shall be a minimum of 2 additional games for any participant ejected."

What does that mean?

I read it, re-read it, and then read it again and I am still not for sure. BUT, the rule for coaches could have different results for the different sports. A football coach gets ejected, he serves a MINIMUM 3 game suspension in a 10 game schedule. A basketball coach gets suspended he serves a MINIMUM 3 game suspension in a 23 game schedule. I agree with punishment, but let the punishment be equal for all sports coaches.

And maybe I'm the only one who thought about this,,,do you think that officials could abuse this rule as well?
YES! Many officials have a quick whistle as well as some having it out for coaches and players. I see some now seeing yet another way to show who is in control and be "the show" of the games.

It's not hard to do, youy get one T a coach has to sit, the second T, he is gone, so now he has to sit for other games? I have seen many T's that were uncalled for.

YES! Many officials have a quick whistle as well as some having it out for coaches and players. I see some now seeing yet another way to show who is in control and be "the show" of the games.

It's not hard to do, youy get one T a coach has to sit, the second T, he is gone, so now he has to sit for other games? I have seen many T's that were uncalled for.

Saw this in the 5/3 tourney. Coach from Team A was called for a T....totally uncalled for. Next trip down the floor a different ref called a T on the coach from the other team....again uncalled for...but it did even out the situtation.