Anthony verdict is in -Not Guilty!!!

SportsGuy41017

Perfect. Exactly what I told my wife last night. Do I think she did it...without a doubt. Could I have voted guilty to murder 1 on the evidence they had, not a chance.

My thoughts, exactly.

Something else to consider. The jury was not made up of people from Orlando. It was made up of people from Pinellas County (St. Pete, Clearwater area). They had been tightly sequestered, 100 miles from their homes, for more than a month.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where is the reasonable doubt? Is it because no definitive cause of death was proven so there is doubt that it was murder? Explain the duct tape over Caylee’s mouth and nose then if it wasn’t murder. Is there doubt that Casey was involved? Explain why she did report it, lied to the police, made up fictitious people , and the chloroform test from the car. I don’t see the reasonable doubt that Casey was not at least guilty of aggravated manslaughter and aggravated child abuse.

Let me preface this by saying that I did not follow any part of this trial or the buildup to the trial. But since my Twitter and Facebook feeds went absolutely bonkers after this verdict was handed down yesterday, I decided I should do some reading about it. This morning I stumbled into this in an article:

"They also failed to show a motive. We … kept waiting to see what was the motive — just because Casey was a party girl did not show why she would possibly, you know, kill Caylee.”

Those are the words of a juror who spoke to MSNBC last night. I haven't looked up Florida's statute on the matter, but most states have something very similar to the traditional common law definition of murder which requires 1) an unlawful killing 2) of a human being 3) with malice aforethought. Motive is not among the elements required to prove murder; it certainly isn't a requirement in Kentucky and I seriously doubt it's required in Florida. If the prosecutor couldn't accomplish the basic job of demonstrating to the jury that he didn't even have to show motive, then he failed at his job.

A further note on this juror... that's some crazy justification there. If you're waiting to find a logical reason why a parent would kill his/her child, you're never going to find one. That's exactly why motive doesn't matter.

I thought means, motive, and opportunity = premeditation with malice aforethought.

Where is the reasonable doubt? Is it because no definitive cause of death was proven so there is doubt that it was murder? Explain the duct tape over Caylee’s mouth and nose then if it wasn’t murder. Is there doubt that Casey was involved? Explain why she did report it, lied to the police, made up fictitious people , and the chloroform test from the car. I don’t see the reasonable doubt that Casey was not at least guilty of aggravated manslaughter and aggravated child abuse.

The prosecution had no date, time or cause of death. They couldn't prove that cholorform is what killed her.

The prosecution had no date, time or cause of death. They couldn't prove that cholorform is what killed her.

Caylee was found in a bag with duct tape over her mouth and nose. Those are facts that don’t point toward an accidental death. The chloroform is produced by decomposing bodies. Caylee’s hair was found in the trunk of the car, the chloroform levels in the trunk were extremely high, and the car smelled like a decomposing body. Her body was found a half mile from the house.

I thought means, motive, and opportunity = premeditation with malice aforethought.

I can't make much sense of Florida's online version of the penal code, so here's Kentucky's murder statute: "A person is guilty of murder when: . . . With intent to cause the death of another person, he causes the death of such person or a third person . . . ." The KRS also defines "intent": "A person acts intentionally with respect to a result or to conduct described by a statute defining an offense when his conscious objective is to cause that result or to engage in that conduct." The point being that WHY a person kills another person is not necessary for conviction, merely that that's what the person meant to do.

Even under the old common law, "malice" typically can be thought of as one of the four following states of mind: 1) intent to kill 2) intent to cause serious bodily harm, 3) reckless indifference to life or 4) intent to commit a dangerous felony. There is perhaps a subtle but important distinction to be made between "intent" and "motive."

Caylee was found in a bag with duct tape over her mouth and nose. Those are facts that don’t point toward an accidental death. The chloroform is produced by decomposing bodies. Caylee’s hair was found in the trunk of the car, the chloroform levels in the trunk were extremely high, and the car smelled like a decomposing body. Her body was found a half mile from the house.

-There was also an old bag of garbage in her car, that had been there in the Florida heat for a long time. That could be an explanation of the smell.

-Her hair being in the trunk means nothing. I'm sure if you looked in my trunk, you could find my hair from either hitting my head on the trunk or just transfer.

-Bag and duct tape can be explained by the meter reader. He found the body three months before it was discovered, and could have just as easily have been the one to dispose of it.

-Chloroform levels in the trunk could also be explained away by the bag of garbage. Did they actually prove it was cholorform that produced the smell?

Not a fact. A theory by the prosecution that the jurors didn't totally believe.

Caylee's hair was NOT FOUND in the trunk. One single strand of hair was.

The chloroform levels were not extremely high and could be explained away by some household products including all laundry detergents have a level of chloroform in them.

As far as the body being found less than a mile away, this one really had me baffled. Cindy hired two private eyes to search that exact location based on a tip from a psychic. (she lied about it on the stand and her son Lee said she had lied about it.) The PI's found NOTHING.

A month or so later was when the first calls from Ron Kronk were made about seeing something that looked like a skull.

If a person was LOOKING to convict her they could. If a person was needing to be convinced by the evidence, there is enough holes that they could realistically not be convinced.

Can't agree with the bolded. They proved nothing, but that Casey COULD have murdered Caylee. "Could've" is not worthy of a guilty verdict.

Those that are upset with this verdict need direct their anger at the prosecution, not the defense or the jury. They both did their jobs correctly, the prosecution is the ones that completely dropped the ball.

If a person was LOOKING for reasons to be convinced she was guilty, there is enough there to convince them. For example, Nancy Grace and the Headline News crew.

-There was also an old bag of garbage in her car, that had been there in the Florida heat for a long time. That could be an explanation of the smell.

-Her hair being in the trunk means nothing. I'm sure if you looked in my trunk, you could find my hair from either hitting my head on the trunk or just transfer.

-Bag and duct tape can be explained by the meter reader. He found the body three months before it was discovered, and could have just as easily have been the one to dispose of it.

-Chloroform levels in the trunk could also be explained away by the bag of garbage. Did they actually prove it was cholorform that produced the smell?

Don't forget that the boyfriend filled the car with gas and made no comment at that time or under oath that the car had a stench.

Her friend and her boyfriend rode in the backseat and didn't notice a smell.

The timeline of when the smell actually occurred was never clear.

While none of it by itself points the finger at one person, the piling list of items like you have done adds up to a pretty strong circumstantial case. We could have a counter-act scenario for anything ever reported. Again, trying to convict on the murder 1 charge was probably taking it too far.

TMZ is reporting that the President of Vivid has already reached out to Casey's lawyer about a career....I guess that's one way for her to make a living...:ohbrother:

She'll have no problem with money. The book deal alone, will set her up for life. People will pay to hear her side. Look for Barbara, Oprah, or Diane to get that exclusive soon.

Casey Anthony may yet have to testify under oath.

Headline News was reporting that the woman that has the same name as the name she lied to police in abducting her baby (nicknamed Zanny the Nanny; there is a real person with that name) has sued and papers have been served to Casey in jail for slander and defamation of character.

Zanny's lawyer will be looking to dispose Casey and have her testify under oath in that disposition. Since there are no criminal charges, Casey would not be able to claim the 5th amendment.