Coach Siple

jbwill2

I hear he is the new coach at Bracken County. What year did he graduate from Highlands? Where was he coaching previously?

Not sure what year he graduated. I beleive he was recently an assistant at Campbell Co..

Coach Siple has been well tutored over his yrs. He coached and learned from some very good ones, Coach Barre, Yeagle of BW and many others. Had a great run over at Indian Hill as Head coach and won many games over his career.

He gets it and is a very talented coach and will bring lots of insight and knowledge to Bracken Cty.

TBirds, its a bitter sweet thing for me that he didnt get the CovCath job. You want to talk about being nervous on Sat afternoons again had he have been hired in Park Hills. LOL.

Good Luck to Coach Siple on his new job.

Does anyone know if Coach Siple has met with players,parents.etc.? Other than the posts here at BGP,there has been nary a mention of him being hired either in the local papers(Bracken County News,Ledger- Independent). For this to be considered such an instrumental hire for BC,seems odd the lack of publicity. Does anyone know how Coach Siple compares to Coach Faust who came with similar credentials when he ventured into Brooksville several years ago to turn around the program? Thanks

Does anyone know if Coach Siple has met with players,parents.etc.? Other than the posts here at BGP,there has been nary a mention of him being hired either in the local papers(Bracken County News,Ledger- Independent). For this to be considered such an instrumental hire for BC,seems odd the lack of publicity. Does anyone know how Coach Siple compares to Coach Faust who came with similar credentials when he ventured into Brooksville several years ago to turn around the program? Thanks

Go look up Indian Hills record in DIII in Ohio the past several years. You can probably figure out for yourself that he is a pretty accomplished head coach. He runs a wide open offense and scores a ton of points..

Gotta have athletes to run a wide open offense. Would be willing to say that the Polar Bears don't have too many athletes knocking down their doors... Always good to see administrators doing the best they can to help a program.. Apparently there was a coach before this guy who had a good track record as well, shows some dedication on the schools part to try and find the best guy.. Def has work cut out for him though...

Edited by TheLastDon
spelling

If you don't have an abundance of great, or even good athletes; it doesn't matter what offense you run, or defense for that matter. The wing T and the Triple Option are both offenses, along with the Spread if run correctly, that are supposed to offset a lack of athleticism...AND all three offenses are better if you have athletes running them.

If your team does not possess GREAT/good athletes in abundance, you'd better be precise in your techniques and you'd better be together as A TEAM and a fantastic coach helps provide these opportunities.

(Mavericks vs. Heat if you need an example.)

All that being said, even the best coached teams with no or few athletes, will not typically win championships but can be competitive year in and year out and week in and week out. Effort does not require athleticism. TEAM does not require athleticism. County teams like Bracken, Pendleton, Dayton, Ludlow, Grant, Owen, Gallatin, Carroll, Henry, Dixie(to some degree), Ryle(like Dixie), Trimble, Scott etc., that have to play in regions, if not districts, of superior talent, can be and have been competitive. Those schools, too, if they can keep the belief; work their program from youth leagues through Middle School and High School, will every once in a while find that all the tumblers click together to give them that chance at a magical season where they can beat a Beechwood, a Danville, a Mayfield, a Bowling Green, a Bell County, a Belfry, a (ok, maybe still not highlands lol), and YES, even a Highlands to attain that magical season that we all have dreamed, some of us have neared and a few of us have achieved(Simon-Kenton comes to mind).

I don't know Coach Siple. I know some that know him. Bracken, from what I understand, has gotten a steal. It is my understanding that Coach Siple provides the 'opportunity' for Bracken to, not only get better, but to achieve GREAT things should those tumblers all click together at once.

Good luck Bracken County and Coach Siple.