Coach Siple

jbwill2

Sounds like somebody ^ who has endured many "down" years of football... While winning requires teamwork and effort both, a sport cannot be won unless you have the talent to match. A la Mavs v. Heat: Dirk is a superstar, J Kidd is one of the best point guards ever (although older), Tyson Chandler holds down the paint along with a few great bench players (Berea, Stevenson) not to mention a jump shooting Jason Terry. So your reference is null and void. The Heat will be vying for titles for years to come, you can't win them all..

The offenses you mentioned arent put in place to offset athleticism, they are put in to create favorable one on one matchups and exploit them. Sure every dog has its day, but unless you can attract a caliber of athlete necessary to compete at the higher ranks then average is where you will find yourself.. I am sure the kids enjoy playing football which is a great thing more young people should be able to be active if they so choose. Bracken will win some games, but not enough..

If you don't have an abundance of great, or even good athletes; it doesn't matter what offense you run, or defense for that matter. The wing T and the Triple Option are both offenses, along with the Spread if run correctly, that are supposed to offset a lack of athleticism...AND all three offenses are better if you have athletes running them.

If your team does not possess GREAT/good athletes in abundance, you'd better be precise in your techniques and you'd better be together as A TEAM and a fantastic coach helps provide these opportunities.

(Mavericks vs. Heat if you need an example.)

All that being said, even the best coached teams with no or few athletes, will not typically win championships but can be competitive year in and year out and week in and week out. Effort does not require athleticism. TEAM does not require athleticism. County teams like Bracken, Pendleton, Dayton, Ludlow, Grant, Owen, Gallatin, Carroll, Henry, Dixie(to some degree), Ryle(like Dixie), Trimble, Scott etc., that have to play in regions, if not districts, of superior talent, can be and have been competitive. Those schools, too, if they can keep the belief; work their program from youth leagues through Middle School and High School, will every once in a while find that all the tumblers click together to give them that chance at a magical season where they can beat a Beechwood, a Danville, a Mayfield, a Bowling Green, a Bell County, a Belfry, a (ok, maybe still not highlands lol), and YES, even a Highlands to attain that magical season that we all have dreamed, some of us have neared and a few of us have achieved(Simon-Kenton comes to mind).

I don't know Coach Siple. I know some that know him. Bracken, from what I understand, has gotten a steal. It is my understanding that Coach Siple provides the 'opportunity' for Bracken to, not only get better, but to achieve GREAT things should those tumblers all click together at once.

Good luck Bracken County and Coach Siple.

Nice post Scratch. I do know Coach Siple very well and I can assure you that there is something else that you can add to your summary. FUN!!!! The kids will definately have fun while learning. The guy is 50 going on 15 and he will bring this to the table. Probably wont be an overnight success, may take a few yrs, but he will represent BC well and they will be a better program at the end of this yr then they have been in recent yrs.

Bracken Co football is looking for two coaches at lower level. They are looking for "child centered", positive, coaches who are willing to learn their system and be high energy role models. Experience preferred, but they can work with guys that are "team players" & passionate about having a positive influence on young people. Private message me for details.