Unemployment Up Again

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reverse Obamas crippling policies on business and adopt Ryan's budget..

I don't believe Ryan's budget is the magical elixir for the federal deficit that his supporters make it out to be, but I definitely applaud him for attempting to make the Republican Party intellectually serious again. It's the first real attempt by a Republican to put his career on the line for what he believes necessary. It will almost undoubtedly cost him his seat. I am actually on board with some of his Medicare proposals, as the program is MASSIVELY wasteful. (Of course, I also think it should be replaced with a national single-payer system paid for with tax increases, but hey, we're trying to find common ground here.) There are serious consequences to massive spending cuts, and I don't know that Republicans are ACTUALLY prepared to deal with those consequences. He wants to slash farm subsidies; food prices will go up. He wants to eliminate a number of tax deductions to pay for lower rates; he's going to have to take on the mortgage interest deduction and charitable donation deduction, which will be very unpopular. It will be curious to see how his fellow conservatives take on the issues he's proposed in the next year.

Reverse Obamas crippling policies on business and adopt Ryan's budget..

Is this really an Obama issue or economics as we do it issue? :idunno:

If memory serves the economy went into the tank under the previous watch (Bush).

Clinton signed NAFTA and Free Trade Act. How many thousands of jobs left this country then? Those jobs won't be back in our lifetimes.

I think the problem is much deeper than who the President is. If that's the case we should all want Slick Willie back who was head of state when things were very, very good.

So what are the real solutions guys? :idunno:

I guess there isn't any then... America as we knew it is doomed..:idunno:

Sure there are solutions! But the be all and end all isn't rolling back policies Obama has put in place, nor is it to replace Obama. Everyone disagrees on what the solutions are, but that should be a continuing discussion. do you really feel that either or both of the above is going to resolve the issue?

Is this really an Obama issue or economics as we do it issue? :idunno:

If memory serves the economy went into the tank under the previous watch (Bush).

Clinton signed NAFTA and Free Trade Act. How many thousands of jobs left this country then? Those jobs won't be back in our lifetimes.

I think the problem is much deeper than who the President is. If that's the case we should all want Slick Willie back who was head of state when things were very, very good.

So what are the real solutions guys? :idunno:

I'm not saying I disagree with you, BUT. As I recall Obama CONSTANTLY pointed the finger at Bush for the economy. Now that he's in charge, he get's the finger pointed at him. That's the way it works. It's lonely at the top and the American people are very fickle.

Sure there are solutions! But the be all and end all isn't rolling back policies Obama has put in place, nor is it to replace Obama. Everyone disagrees on what the solutions are, but that should be a continuing discussion. do you really feel that either or both of the above is going to resolve the issue?
I think replacing him with the right man/woman could go a very long way to getting things right. One that can work with both sides and one that understands business. We don't have that now.

I think replacing him with the right man/woman could go a very long way to getting things right. One that can work with both sides and one that understands business. We don't have that now.

Honestly, as partisan as everyone in society is now, and the propensity of politicians to play up that partisanship, I really don't see anyone on the radar that can 'work with both sides'. As to understanding business, what sort of business do they need to understand? Big-Corporate business or small business. Because from where I'm sitting big-corporate business rules the roost now, and has for quite a long time.