Unemployment Up Again

So...I'm doing exactly what Obama himself did.

I don't think Obama has fixed anything, certainly not unemployment. Like commando said, Obamas policies have had nothing but negative impact on jobs and the economy. I agree with him.

Which is what? Thinking he could fix it? Like Hatz said...... I just want to see some solutions from someone since Obama is obviously messing up.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unemployment rate under Reagen:

1980-01-01 6.3

1980-06-01 7.6

1981-01-01 7.5

1981-06-01 7.5

1982-01-01 8.6

1982-06-01 9.6

1983-01-01 10.4

1983-06-01 10.1

Takes time and you could see the progress...after 4 years.

Interesting numbers.

What I think is funny or odd is that Republican supporters say that the government cannot spend its way out of a bad economy and that the national debt is a huge problem. But the only times the national debt has decreased is under Democratic Presidents.

Except for this current Democratic President he seems to be following the Republican spending plan and the Republicans criticize him for it....

I think the point being made by the numbers is that it took 8 years to get to that point. (Not 3 years) :thumb:
But all the leading economic indicators were pointed in the right direction.. Not still headed down hill.. :thumb:

But all the leading economic indicators were pointed in the right direction.. Not still headed down hill.. :thumb:

Not in the beginning.

Here are the unemployment numbers:

1980: 7.0

1981: 7.5

1982: 9.5

1983: 9.5

1984: 7.4

1985: 7.1

1986: 6.9

1987: 6.1

1988: 5.4

You can see when these numbers starting getting better after year 3 and into year 4 of the first term.

The increase on debt/GDP in Reagan's first term was 11.3%.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_debt_by_U.S._presidential_terms

GDP grew an average of 4.3% during those 8 years with most of that coming in the last term, not the first.

http://www.presidentreagan.info/reagan/gdp.cfm

:thumb:

I'm afraid there's a possibility of going into another recession. A number of economics prognosticators are talking double dip, that worries me.

Have been reading the same thing and with the gas prices again rising, any discretionary spending that middle class Americans had, is again gone!

I'm afraid there's a possibility of going into another recession. A number of economics prognosticators are talking double dip, that worries me.

I don't normally post in this forum but I also think we are headed for another recession. I spoke with my cousin last week and he is a stock trader out in CA. He strongly feels with the housing market experiencing such huge decreases in value and with gas prices and unemployment where they are, it will get worse.

I also read that many folks who have received disabilty are choosing to stay on it instead of re-entering the workforce. Even though the fixed income isn't as much as they could earn, the stability of it is most important.