AP All State Team

jckicker

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is a nice player but did not play enough games to merit consideration. Alot of well deserving kids on list and alot of :eek:

I believe I stated my surprise for him being on the team only having played 4 games, and most of that time, on an injured knee. I was just answering another poster who stated that he did not play at all.

For those of you who want to complain, you need to blame the voters who didn't vote. Only 16 out of an eligible 30 some voters voted. It sure looks like the voters from Eastern Ky. did their job. :thumb: :thumb:

True, and those who did vote probably voted for those kids that they have seen or heard of. How many of them actually saw all of the kids nominated and/or knew enough about them to vote for those outside their "area of coverage". I am also surprised to hear that there are only 30 eligible voters

of all sports editors and/or writers in the state of Kentucky?

As we all know, and has been testified to over and over on BGP, Bob Sphire always has 5-6..even 10 Division I players graduating, so it seems many LexCath players have been overlooked here!

On a more serious note, I would put in a vote for Drew Ellison to at least be mentioned.

He played a fine game vs. Lex. Cath.

One thing about these lists is that there is a finite number of names to be chosen, so someone always seems to "lose", which is not the right way to look at it. Saying that, however, doesn't ease the disappointment for families, friends and teammates.

Certainly it was disappointing for the Lexington Catholic community to not have Justin Burke chosen as Mr. Football, but Micah without a doubt is a worthy choice, and only one could be chosen. It was quite encouraging to hear Justin say the same.

So back to the business at hand...

Go Knights...win State!

True, and those who did vote probably voted for those kids that they have seen or heard of. How many of them actually saw all of the kids nominated and/or knew enough about them to vote for those outside their "area of coverage". I am also surprised to hear that there are only 30 eligible voters

of all sports editors and/or writers in the state of Kentucky?

Please read post #47, as it explains much of the early part of your post.

On your last sentence, eligible voters are restricted to AP news service subscribers. That limits the pool to (mostly) daily newspapers (of which there are only a handful in the state), as well as a handful of radio stations and TV stations that subscribe to the AP news service. This service costs money, and most small newspapers elect to spend their limited resources elsewhere.

Neil Holland's stats. 72 receptions, 1009 recieving yards, 12 touchdowns. This kid is only a junior and did not get a sniff on even the honarable mention team. not to take away from the kids that made it, leave them on the all state squads but find room for this talent. He will be playing at Papa John's Saturday, if anyone goes to the games they will see what I am talking about. Not related, do not even know this kid. #80

Please read post #47, as it explains much of the early part of your post.

On your last sentence, eligible voters are restricted to AP news service subscribers. That limits the pool to (mostly) daily newspapers (of which there are only a handful in the state), as well as a handful of radio stations and TV stations that subscribe to the AP news service. This service costs money, and most small newspapers elect to spend their limited resources elsewhere.

:thumb:

I figured at least one Somerset player might make the list.

I would have thought the same, and maybe even a Paintsville player at least honorable mention. I look at this team, some belong some doesn't. I personally feel Pugh from Paintsville or even Freno for that matter were better DB's than a sophomore who made it from the same district off of a team that was a #4 seed. Guess our teams didn't have a promoter voting.

:thumb:

Wow - I missed Michael Horn. It looks like the media outlets in the east did an excellent job of getting their ballots in. For all of those that say that the Daily Independent is only supporting Ashland kids, I'd say that this throws some water on that argument...

Frances

:thumb: :thumb:

My favorite is the coach's poll.

Congratulations to all AP All-State team members. :thumb: Great Honor to have been chosen. :thumb:

I agree, Jericho. I think that is the same point that Guru is making - that the Coaches are far more likely to participate (on a statewide level) in choosing an All-State team. The result is that more kids are considered, and the outcome probably paints a truer picture of the deserving kids throughout the state.

As has been said several times already, the voters from the Eastern end of the state filled out there ballots, based on who they had seen play. They cannot be faulted because others from around the state might not have voted, or that some areas of the state might not be represented as well.

Frances