Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AP All State Team

Featured Replies

Chris Cessna????? He didn't play.

 

That's what I was thinking.

  • Replies 125
  • Views 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am shocked that Eric Senn did not make the first team, and equally as shocked that Sam Robey did.

 

Truer words were never spoken...such are the mysteries of life. :rolleyes:

We go through this every year about the AP and the voting. I wish this whole thing would be taken a little more serious by the voters. This is hugh for these kids. A kid is a top five finalist for Mr. Football and does not even make honorable mention. That has got to be very embarrasing for the AP voters. The AP voters need to somehow get together and talk about this stuff. I understand we are all busy but this is hugh to these kids.

 

Lets get organized for next year so we don't have to here about these oversights. Just food for thought.

 

If I'm wrong about this one please accept my appology but I really think it is the write thing to do. Get organized.

That's what I was thinking.

 

Cessna did play the first 4 games. Injured in the 2nd one, but played on bad knee. However, he did miss most of the season.

^ that is simply CRAZY...

I would have thought the same, and maybe even a Paintsville player at least honorable mention. I look at this team, some belong some doesn't. I personally feel Pugh from Paintsville or even Freno for that matter were better DB's than a sophomore who made it from the same district off of a team that was a #4 seed. Guess our teams didn't have a promoter voting.

All State list is VERY political

Congrats to all!!

Okay, Drew Ellison is a Top 5 finalist for Mr. Football but isn't even Honorable Mention All-State. Interesting.

 

Congrats to both of CovCath's special teamers that got much deserved recognition.

 

I certainly agree with you on this one. Makes absolutely no sense and sort of shows you how ridiculous the All-State teams can be.

Hey NHS big daddy...Whats wrong with Smith from NCC? I was surprised to not see names such as Ellison, Diehl and Canafax at least make honorable mention....Congrats to all!!

I thought at Lynn Camp we might 1 to 3 players make it. 2 out of those three Anthony Walters and Josh Reynolds have made all state before, with Walters making it the last two years. Jimmy Chaffin is the top player in his district, and has won that honor, I thought he had a good shot too.

Congrats to all who even got NOMINATED!!!! It is an honor to have been able to watch a few of these kids personally.AS ALWAYS THERE ARE SEVERAL OMISSIONS of worthy players throughout the state.I wished football was taken as seriously as basketball by the eligible voters!Iwished PLAYERS COULD VOTE!What better judge of talent is better than your peers!! :ylsuper:

Congrats to Ron Blume and Blake Johnson of Johnson Central for making 1st and 3rd team All State respectively. Also congrats to Ashlands Holbrook, Davis, McDavid, and Gurule for making the list as well. Looks like Eastern Kentucky did very well in its number of kids making the All State Teams.

Congrats to all these kids. This is a great achievment for them.

I'd like to pat a couple of guys on the back that deserve to be there.

Wes Caldwell WR Led the state in T.D.'s by a WR this year. Also has over 1,000 yards recieving.

Ben Revere shut down three of the top WR's listed on this all state team. Matched up man to man every week with the top WR/TE on the opponents team. Held some of the top WR/TE's to 0 catch nights, 1 catch nights and all well under their average yards per game. I only remember one person scoring on him and that was Victor Anderson who is pretty good one on one!

Both of these guys are Juniors and that might have hurt them in this poll but they are the elite in the state at their positions.

I agree, Ben is a great shut down DB, but he only played against 2 of the WR's listed and 1 had a 100 yard night- he didn't have him that night though. Wes is a great kid and is a shame he has been left off, but I also think some of the other receivers listed are much better than Burbage- Wes for 1-

Boyle County had Wide Reciever Seth Tamme,brother Of Jacob Tamme...on all state first team. Congrats Seth for a very nice season. Your stats speak for themselves. Sure wish you and the Rebels were at Papa Johns on Saturday.

It might just be me but i think that chase minnifield should have at least made honorable mention all state.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.