Best Guitar Solos

Colonels_Wear_Blue

Give us yer top five...or ten.

Try to keep it to officially released albums (it can be a live show, but leave it to live shows that have been published by an actual record label like The Who's Live at Leeds)....or at very least something you can link us to on YouTube.

I'm sure you saw Trey do this amazing solo in "Free" at the Phish show that you went to that one time in that one city, but lets stick with the parameters :D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Particular Order:

• Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing (That solo always leaves me wanting more...)
  • David Gilmour - Shine On You Crazy Diamond
  • Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode (1957 - One of history's first rock & roll guitar solos from one of history's first rock & rollers.)
  • Dickey Betts & Duane Allman - The Whipping Post (The At Fillmore East version, of course. It was the entire 23:03 minutes of album side 4, and it was amazing.)
  • Jimi Hedrix - Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) (If that solo doesn't pump you up, I don't know what will.)

No Particular Order:

• Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing (That solo always leaves me wanting more...)
  • David Gilmour - Shine On You Crazy Diamond
  • Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode (1957 - One of history's first rock & roll guitar solos from one of history's first rock & rollers.)
  • Dickey Betts & Duane Allman - The Whipping Post (The At Fillmore East version, of course. It was the entire 23:03 minutes of album side 4, and it was amazing.)
  • Jimi Hedrix - Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) (If that solo doesn't pump you up, I don't know what will.)

I agree with you 100% on that. For some reason I love the solo in Little Wing more than almost any other Jimi solo, or any other guitar solo for that matter. It's so short, not extremely technical, not what you would call ripping, it just one of those things you can't put into words. What that Little Wing solo gives you in that little tiny bit is something you know came straight from the soul.

Randy Rhodes/ Ozzy - Crazy Train

Eddie Van Halen/ Eruption (not really a solo)

Love Eruption. Finally got to mark off my list getting to hear Eddie V play live and it has made me appreciate all of his stuff 100x more than I ever did before. Great guitarist.

Jimmy Page

- Stairway to Heaven (Led Zep IV)

- In My Time of Dying (Led Zeppelin box set)

- Ten Years Gone

- Dazed and Confused (Led Zep I)

David Gilmour

-Time (Dark Side)

-Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Dark Side)

-Empty Spaces (The Wall)

Cemetery Gates - Pantera (Dimebag Darrell Abbot)

Floods - Pantera (Dimebag Darrell Abbot)

Neil Young - Southern Man

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Cry for the Bad Man, Free Bird,

Black Label Society - (Zakk Wylde) - In this river, Blackened Waters, Funeral Bell, Genocide Junkies

Black Sabbath - (Toni Iommi) - Snowblind, Into the Void, N.I.B.

Blackfoot - Highway song

Just to get me started... :D

Picking your favorite solo's like trying to come up with the perfect name for your child.