Obama Reverses on Guantanamo

His stance on this type of issue is what got him alot of support from young liberals, especially those split between him and Hillary Clinton. Now it's coming to light that both parties were naive for thinking Guantanamo would just go away.

If you keep watching Obama's foreign policy is turning more Bush like by the day and has since day one. Obama is seeing the reality of the world that Bush knew long ago.

IMHO, proof once again that Bush will be looked at in a very different light as time goes on.

Is this Obama not living up to what he said he would do, or pragmatically doing what he can under the circumstances?

To me it's the former. Had he said during the election that he would like to close Gitmo and would do what he could to make that happen then fine. He looked at it and it isn't fesible.

Unfoturnately, being pragmatic is percieved as flip flopping.

Some times, not always.

I guess it always depends on if you agree with the decision or not. The folks that think this is the right thing to do will say he's being pragmatic. The folks that don't agree will say he's flip flipping.

Personally I think it is the right decision.

Some times, not always.

I guess it always depends on if you agree with the decision or not. The folks that think this is the right thing to do will say he's being pragmatic. The folks that don't agree will say he's flip flipping.

Personally I think it is the right decision.

And then there's a 3rd group of people who feel that things change, and adapting to change is more important than keeping one's campaign promises, made before they knew all the facts. :D

And then there's a 3rd group of people who feel that things change, and adapting to change is more important than keeping one's campaign promises, made before they knew all the facts. :D

If we accept that excuse then we can no longer hold any politician accountable for his/her campaign promises. They simply have to say "I didn't have all the facts". Of course that's already a staple of politicians' excuses.

Have things changed all that much since he made those promises? If not we have a right to wonder if he was naive, ignorant or simply lying. If they have we can wonder why he's so ineffective.