Track the NBA basketball season. March

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wade dominates on both ends of the court down the stretch to seal the victory over the Lakers. Bosh Spice responds well tonight also.

That's a huge key for Miami, IMO. I felt that way from the beginning and said as much, but D-Wade has to be the guy at crunch time. I believe their success ratio in those late-game situations goes up significantly if they put the ball in his hands.

Kobe really struggled down the stretch. A couple of big TO's and missed a couple of jumpers. I had a feeling Miami would win this one.

I don't think Miami will win the east, but it would be crazy to rule that out with a team that talented. The second round in the east should be really good...some combination of Heat, Celtics, Bulls and Magic matchup up. I suppose the Knicks could play spoiler, although they'd provide excitement as well. I really want to see a Miami vs. New York first round. The west should be pretty exciting as well.

This is one of the most intriguing NBA seasons in recent memory.

The key to Miami's success is getting Bosh to play like he did last night, as well as getting a couple other guys such as Miller and Bibby to pitch in too. Bron and D Wade cannot do it all and in games where the Miami bench has been held to under 15 points, they normally lose. Bosh finally stated he wanted the ball down low, and last night he delivered. If the big three can keep up that kind of production and get something from the others, whether it be Miller, Bibby, Jones, House, Z, or Haslem when he comes back, they will be very tough to beat. Haslem getting back is going to be huge for this team just because of his defense and rebounding on the inside.

Miami returns the favor to San Antonio by dominating them tonight.

Such is life in the NBA. You really do not know how to evaluate teams because of the amazing swings that can take place... in this case a 60 point swing in 10 days. Bosh Spice with another great effort.

Chicago and Boston are now tied in the Eastern conference. Miami is only 2 games behind, but 3 back in the loss column.

San Antonio is pretty much in cruise control with a 6.5 game lead with 15 games to play.

Such is life in the NBA. You really do not know how to evaluate teams because of the amazing swings that can take place... in this case a 60 point swing in 10 days. Bosh Spice with another great effort.

Chicago and Boston are now tied in the Eastern conference. Miami is only 2 games behind, but 3 back in the loss column.

San Antonio is pretty much in cruise control with a 6.5 game lead with 15 games to play.

I'm really starting to get the feeling this Chicago team might win the eastern conference...heck, they might win the whole thing. Derrick Rose makes big plays for them. And, I believe he and Noah provide leadership and elevate the team around them, something not everyone has, IMO.

I'm also feeling much better about the Lakers. They've looked great since the All-Star break. I bet they can't wait until playoff time.

It's pretty simple for Miami IMO, when Bosh plays good they are unbeatable.

Bosh has been rather consistent through the season. When he dominates they roll though. Defining the roles of LeBron and Wade are equally as important. I think the Laker game made them realize that Wade is the 4th quarter money guy and that the team runs effectively when James stays at the point and distributes.

Here's what I'm thinking. LA is the best team to beat Boston but I think their series would be another classic. Boston is the best team to beat Miami. Miami has the best shot to beat LA. Chicago can beat any of them in a series, but I think the lack of wing scoring (does anyone think Deng can keep it up in the playoffs?) will cost them a series at some point. San Antonio will be tough, but I think that LA's toughest WC opponent would be OKC.

LA's downfall would be to a team that can size up with their bigs and make Kobe have to play defense by having 2 good players on the wing/backcourt.

Boston will be tough for anyone, but a team that is willing to get physical with them may be able to wear them down. They want no part of the Bulls I don't think.

Miami is great when the Big 3 play well, so a team like LA or Boston that could take Bosh out of the game will give them fits. Bron and Wade will get theirs in the playoffs against anyone.

To me those are the Big 3 contenders no matter how the East standings shake out. Chicago would be up there, I just don't love their wings and I think that has proven to be key in the playoffs. They have everything else and maybe Rose can make up for that. OKC is going to be dangerous. The Spurs experience is always going to be key. Dallas and Orlando are major pretenders IMO. I think Portland and NY will be nightmare 1st round matchups.

I think Chicago is like Cleveland the last few years in that they are playing a little harder in the regular season than everyone else. They're younger and don't really have a regular season coast mode. I think LBJ learned in Cleveland that the regular season is useless. Everyone knows LA has another gear. Are Dallas/SA/OKC good enough to get to that level? No. It's a 3 team race IMO like it has always been.

With Perkins gone to OKC, I don't think any team can match up with LA's length. That doesn't make them unbeatable, but that is an advantage they're going to enjoy in every series, IMO. The Lakers are the obvious pick in the west, but Dallas, San Antonio and OKC could take them down if they aren't focused and ready to bring it for 7 games.

Any of the top 4 seeds in the east could win the conference. I'd rate the Magic's chances a little lower than the rest, but if their perimeter guys get on a roll with Howard anchoring the paint, they can beat anybody.

It's pretty simple for Miami IMO, when Bosh plays good they are unbeatable.

I would agree with that but I've watched over thirty Heat games this season and there has been times Bosh has been the best player on the court and still the outcome not be that great. I think the most important thing for them is getting scoring from someone outside of the big three. When Miller is scoring the ball and his shots are falling they are a much better team. The past couple weeks he has really found his game and is a major reason for their recent play IMO. If Bibby, James Jones, and Eddie House can combine 15 a night combined, the Heat would be almost unbeatable. People can talk about the size problems all they want but when Miami loses big or loses period it is normally because their Bench had been outscored by 20+. Bench scoring is the real key for this team. They have enough bodies inside to get by as long as Bosh stays committed for his new found desire to get down there and bang too. So in that aspect I totally agree with what you are saying, when Bosh commits to scoring down low and getting inside and mixing it up, this is a much better team.

With Perkins gone to OKC, I don't think any team can match up with LA's length. That doesn't make them unbeatable, but that is an advantage they're going to enjoy in every series, IMO. The Lakers are the obvious pick in the west, but Dallas, San Antonio and OKC could take them down if they aren't focused and ready to bring it for 7 games.

Any of the top 4 seeds in the east could win the conference. I'd rate the Magic's chances a little lower than the rest, but if their perimeter guys get on a roll with Howard anchoring the paint, they can beat anybody.

If Perkins can play I think OKC is the team LA would least like to play in the entire playoffs. Young and athletic, tough inside with Perkins and Ibaka, and two guys who can run Artest and Kobe ragged in Durant and Westbrook. I'll go on the record now as saying if both teams meet in the playoffs and have everyone playing, I will take OKC to beat the Lakers. JMO