Track the NBA basketball season. March

:thumb: No doubt. I've been on the Spurs since about December, it would be boring to watch them make a deep run but it would be nice to see Duncan make one final push for a title before his career is over IMO.

Spurs are playing really good right now but it's all about matchups come playoff time and I don't think they matchup very good vs the Lakers other than the PG spot.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs are playing really good right now but it's all about matchups come playoff time and I don't think they matchup very good vs the Lakers other than the PG spot.

I think their lack of size is a concern but I think Ginobili will be a tough matchup for LA because I don't think Artest can guard him and he will be tourture on Kobe if the Mamba has to guard him will also trying to lead the offense. If I was going to bet I would take LA but I think San Antonio is the team they least want to face in the West by a large margin. JMO.

The Spurs are 2-0 vs LA right now. That doesn't mean they will beat them in a series, but it's not like the Lakers have dominated them so far this year. The Spurs are a verteran team that knows how to win championships. It's not crazy to think they stand a chance to win the NBA championship this year. And if it comes down to a Spurs/Lakers series, the Spurs will have home court advantage. They are very very good at home.

The Spurs are 2-0 vs LA right now. That doesn't mean they will beat them in a series, but it's not like the Lakers have dominated them so far this year. The Spurs are a verteran team that knows how to win championships. It's not crazy to think they stand a chance to win the NBA championship this year. And if it comes down to a Spurs/Lakers series, the Spurs will have home court advantage. They are very very good at home.

And head to head record has proven to be a huge indicator of how a team will play vs. another team in the playoffs. May not matter for LA because I think they, along with Boston, view the regular season in a different manner than most NBA teams do. But, I think as of today San Antonio would have more than a punchers chance against anyone. San Antonio has been a huge problem for the Lakers for the last 10+ years, give or take a few years where LA was clearly better like the Shaq-Kobe years.

Heat lost another close one today. All they had to do was box out on a free throw and they could have controlled the end of the game. Instead Deng gets his own miss and the Heat end up down by 1. I wonder if LBJ is wishing he had went to NY now? I am.