SSC

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My favorite quote from THE MACHINE:

"It's perfect. It's awesome. Every day is just filled with just wins. All we do is put wins in the record books. We win so radically in our underwear before our first cup of coffee, it's scary. People say it's lonely at the top, but I sure like the view."

Disgusting post. You put a person's life on the line for a good tune or a few laughs. This post shows how low we have sunk.

How could he be "putting their life on the line"? They are responsible for whichever decisions they make. And it would be silly to not listen to Sgt. Peppers because you disagree with LSD use, for instance.

Disgusting post. You put a person's life on the line for a good tune or a few laughs. This post shows how low we have sunk.

Whatever. I'm just calling it like it is. Stop being so sanctimonious about it.

Americans as a whole are just as guilty of grinding up celebrities and spitting them back out again with their voracious appetite for fame. I'm just willing to admit what's going on, while others act shocked that a celebrity might bow to the pressures of fame and slip into self-destructive behavior.

Well, others I hear are saying the same thing. Is CBS serious about what they are saying? Then they need to show Sheen they mean business and they will try and move along without him, at least for a while, will it succeed or be successful? Who knows! But it will send a clear message to Sheen that they mean business and that he needs to do what they are asking of him, as now he is just rambling on how HE IS the show and that CBS and the show needs him. It's one of the few ways to deal with these people.

If you really, honestly think that show can continue without Sheen, I've got some great property I'd like to sell you in Antarctica.

Americans as a whole are just as guilty of grinding up celebrities and spitting them back out again with their voracious appetite for fame. I'm just willing to admit what's going on, while others act shocked that a celebrity might bow to the pressures of fame and slip into self-destructive behavior.

I'd say he's being a human being. You're suggesting that celebrities (just because they are famous) are nothing more than products for us to use as entertainment, and then throw away like worthless garbage. Frankly, that is shocking to hear anyone suggest!

Charlie will be dead, in prison, or institutionalized very soon. "Oh well, who cares! Hey, what's on MTV tonight?" :clap:

:puke:

By the end of today, Sheen will have over 1,000,000 followers. For comparison, Lebron James has 1,400,000 and has had twitter for about 10 months. Sheen is at about 1 day.
Well -- as long as Twitter is now the measuring stick of a human soul's worth -- way to go Charlie! :rolleyes:

I'd say he's being a human being. You're suggesting that celebrities (just because they are famous) are nothing more than products for us to use as entertainment, and then throw away like worthless garbage. Frankly, that is shocking to hear anyone suggest!

Charlie will be dead, in prison, or institutionalized very soon. "Oh well, who cares! Hey, what's on MTV tonight?" :clap:

:puke:

That's not what I said. I've had the opportunity to meet numerous celebrity-types, big and small, through my work. They are human beings just like us. I simply pointed out that the American public is often the beast that drives the celebrity toward excess, and to act sanctimonious and put off by celebrity excess is a bit hypocritical out our part, as Americans.

In no way, shape or form do I wish any celebrity to self-destruct. By the same token, I'm also willing to admit that some darned creative stuff has been borne out of that self-destructive behavior. I think it's great that in my earlier example of Aerosmith that Joe Perry and Steven Tyler and Co. were able to get their issues under control. But it's also a fact that the reincarnated Aerosmith sucks mightily compared to the drug- and alcohol-abusing version of the band.

How am I being sanctimonious? You stated that you like music and comedy even if it means that someone has to suffer from drugs or alcohol abuse. I find that disgusting, as well as the fact that too many Americans do not seem to care what these individuals are doing to theirselves. And influencing others into thinking that it is OK to do the same thing. All in all, degrading our country and hurting our future.

Maybe some of your favorite musicans cannot produce the quality of music they once had, because they have destroyed too many brain cells from their abuses.

How am I being sanctimonious? You stated that you like music and comedy even if it means that someone has to suffer from drugs or alcohol abuse. I find that disgusting, as well as the fact that too many Americans do not seem to care what these individuals are doing to theirselves. And influencing others into thinking that it is OK to do the same thing. All in all, degrading our country and hurting our future.

Maybe some of your favorite musicans cannot produce the quality of music they once had, because they have destroyed too many brain cells from their abuses.

I didn't say "someone has to suffer." Nobody's holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to abuse drugs and alcohol. My main point was that, for good or ill, sometimes great things come out of their self-destructive behavior. Like Habib said, I'm not going to act like "Sgt. Pepper" is a bad album just because The Beatles were whacked out of their brains while creating it.

While it's unfortunate folks like Cobain and Janis Joplin were unable to control their demons, their sacrifices brought great things into this world -- things that are still making people happy to this day when folks listen to these artists' songs. Who am I to thumb my nose at their sacrifice?