Teacher Had Sexual Relations with High School Football Players

Ram

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We aren't arguing about whether teenage boys have libidos (though I would say that far more than are given credit for in this thread have certain levels of morality, anxiety, fear of punishment, or something else that would make them reluctant). Some people are making the point that because of that there is nothing wrong with the situation or it is a victimless crime and too much fuss is being made about it. Some others, like myself, believe that it is an abuse of authority and shouldn't be brushed off or treated carelessly because the female teacher was allegedly "hot," especially when that would not be the case if Brad Pitt were the teacher and the cheerleaders were sleeping with him. Afterall, females have libidos too. I'm probably as much of a social liberal as you'll run into, but this was illegal and the nature of the teacher-student relationship is such that this isn't purely innocent even if the guys were gung-ho about it (their testimony is absent from this discussion, however).

Agree entirely, especially with the bold.

Agree entirely, especially with the bold.

In regards to "abuse of authority" do you believe it was a situation where the youngster thought "I'd better do this with the teacher or....." or do you think it was a subsconscious feeling of "authority?"

Overall and at a high level we agree. I do not think 17 yr old girls have the same urge as a 17 yr old boy. Even "good boys" will succumb to the urge given the chance. It doesn't matter how much "churchin" they've had. It only takes one time to give in. (See Adam and an apple).

It should not be brushed off. The lady has to pay but 4 years in prison isn't appropriate. She should never teach or have a job around minors. She should do some time but I'd say 1 year max.

That also applies to females. Why do you keep using the fact that the victims were male to excuse the sexual abuse? If it were a male perp, he would be looking at 20+. For her to get 4 yrs. (probably 6 months) is unbelieveable. Once a sex offender, always a sex offender. Based on studies and research, the probability of her reoffending is great. Keep her locked up like the system would have done if she was a male.

That also applies to females. Why do you keep using the fact that the victims were male to excuse the sexual abuse? If it were a male perp, he would be looking at 20+. For her to get 4 yrs. (probably 6 months) is unbelieveable. Once a sex offender, always a sex offender. Based on studies and research, the probability of her reoffending is great. Keep her locked up like the system would have done if she was a male.

Again, you are guilty of putting words in my mouth.

Show me where I "excused abuse."

"Abuse" is a dangerous word as it implies a wide range of actions. Do you mean it literally or do you mean it legally? Does it equate to rape on the abuse scale? Does it equate to sexual assault on the abuse scale?

I expressed an opinion on the appropriate sentence as compared to other crimes.

Your inability to follow along is surprising and disappointing.

Where do you get off on saying sex is bad? See how I did that - I made a big assumption and generalization there.

Again, you are guilty of putting words in my mouth.

Show me where I "excused abuse."

"Abuse" is a dangerous word as it implies a wide range of actions. Do you mean it literally or do you mean it legally? Does it equate to rape on the abuse scale? Does it equate to sexual assault on the abuse scale?

I expressed an opinion on the appropriate sentence as compared to other crimes.

Your inability to follow along is surprising and disappointing.

Where do you get off on saying sex is bad? See how I did that - I made a big assumption and generalization there.

I'm not putting any words in your mouth, just referencing some of your posts. You excused abuse by not taking this offense seriously. It doesn't matter if it's a male or female perp. There were juvenile victims due to a sick adult. Your inability to follow along with this is surpising and disappointing. And also, I will say "Sex is bad" when it involves an adult female school teacher and teenage boys.

I'm not putting any words in your mouth, just referencing some of your posts. You excused abuse by not taking this offense seriously. It doesn't matter if it's a male or female perp. There were juvenile victims due to a sick adult. Your inability to follow along with this is surpising and disappointing. And also, I will say "Sex is bad" when it involves an adult female school teacher and teenage boys.

You keep saying I excused "abuse." That's a broad brush you're painting with, my man.

So because I think the 4 years is too high I'm guilty of not taking this offense seriously?

Your legs must be massive from the leaps you're making.

You keep saying I excused "abuse." That's a broad brush you're painting with, my man.

So because I think the 4 years is too high I'm guilty of not taking this offense seriously?

Your legs must be massive from the leaps you're making.

I guess we will just have to disagree on this situation. What you and I think is fair justice is miles apart. That's okay. Happy Halloween.

I guess we will just have to disagree on this situation. What you and I think is fair justice is miles apart. That's okay. Happy Halloween.

That's fine. However, what I DIDN'T do simply because we disagree on sentencing is make a gross generalization about your attitude towards the situation.

You can't make the leap from me saying one year sounds right to me based on a relative measure to I'm OKing abuse. Asinine.

That's fine. However, what I DIDN'T do simply because we disagree on sentencing is make a gross generalization about your attitude towards the situation.

You can't make the leap from me saying one year sounds right to me based on a relative measure to I'm OKing abuse. Asinine.

You said that, not me. I never once said you are OKing abuse. Happy Halloween.