Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Teacher Had Sexual Relations with High School Football Players

Featured Replies

I think the argument is that this crime is not worth 4 years as compared to other crimes .

 

I don't know which other crimes it should be compared to. I'm comparing it to similar situations with teachers and students. From my reading of the thread it seems one of the prevailing opinions is that this is a victimless crime or something that isn't very serious, which I do not agree with.

  • Replies 159
  • Views 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You stated you were "aghast" that double standards are fine. I responded to that showing that a blanket statement cannot be made .

 

I do not read people's minds - just their words.

 

No...I stated that I was aghast that the double standards are fine. Clearly I was speaking to the double standards comments made in this thread, about this topic. You surely read the article bolded, correct? Without it, my statement would definitely be open to your attack. However, with it, the meaning is clear.

To your stated point:

 

In theory you are correct that it's unacceptable.

 

Reality is that it is somewhat acceptable in some cases.

 

Then our society is "screwed-up" (maybe not the best word for this thread) and those that accept it are also.

I don't know which other crimes it should be compared to. I'm comparing it to similar situations with teachers and students. From my reading of the thread it seems one of the prevailing opinions is that this is a victimless crime or something that isn't very serious, which I do not agree with.

 

4 years for this and a lady I read about got 5 years for DUI that resulted in a death.

 

No comparison.

4 years for this and a lady I read about got 5 years for DUI that resulted in a death.

 

No comparison.

 

Agreed on the consequences of the crime, but sentences can vary pretty widely depending on a lot of other factors. Seems like complaints should be directed toward the DUI manslaughter case rather than this one, unless she's getting a more extreme punishment than the law calls for.

Maybe after she gets out of prison, she will graduate to frat houses and leave the high school boys alone!

No...I stated that I was aghast that the double standards are fine. Clearly I was speaking to the double standards comments made in this thread, about this topic. You surely read the article bolded, correct? Without it, my statement would definitely be open to your attack. However, with it, the meaning is clear.

 

I read the pluralization as a general statement vs the double standard being used here.

 

My apologies.

high school students are very susceptible to manipulation.

 

I have all the respect in the world for you, Habib. Just trying to sort this out. I have both a teenage boy and a teenage girl under my roof.

No chance a female teacher uses authority to get some with a 17 year old male football player. If the teacher was ugly it never would have happened, simple as that.

Keep in mind too, the teacher did not attack these boys in the back of the gym or out on the street. These boys told their friends who all said, "Hell yeah, I am going over to her house to see if she will do me too."

No chance a female teacher uses authority to get some with a 17 year old male football player. If the teacher was ugly it never would have happened, simple as that.

 

:thumb:

There's a lot of male egos on this thread. Shouldn't be viewed by the males as another trophy on the mantel. This was a crime and she is one "sick puppy".

A crime, absolutely. 4 years worth, absolutely not. To those parents who cried on the stand, puhlease!!!

A crime, absolutely. 4 years worth, absolutely not. To those parents who cried on the stand, puhlease!!!

 

What punishment would you want if some sick sexual pervert had sex with your 16 or 17 yr. old son?

What punishment would you want if some sick sexual pervert had sex with your 16 or 17 yr. old son?

 

Not sure. But let's not be naive enough to think 16-17 year olds aren't having sex without a 30+ teacher involved.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.