Teacher Had Sexual Relations with High School Football Players

Ram

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was my son and he was 17, I would say he wouldn't be scarred for life. I am not sure I would high five him, but it wouldn't kill me either. If it was my daughter, I would have the teacher's head mounted on my wall.

A lot of 17 year old girls I'd feel the same way about but not all.

I'm aghast that you are fine with the double standards. Actually...aghast is understating what I feel.

I think you are referring to an earlier post. Although many of us make light of this event: yes as 17 year olds, if one of our hot teachers had propositioned us, many of us would have jumped at the chance. Bu..that doesn't make it right, and I have to think there is something mentally wrong with any adult, and especially a teacher, that has to get their "kicks" from minors. (just for the record)

I'm aghast that you are fine with the double standards. Actually...aghast is understating what I feel.

I understand that some cannot see past it being a double standard.

It is , indeed, a double standard.

I employ it in this case.

If my son got into a fistfight I'd be less bothered by it than if my daughter got into a fistfight even if the situations were identical.

You have no issues where you use a double standard?

I understand that some cannot see past it being a double standard.

It is , indeed, a double standard.

I employ it in this case.

If my son got into a fistfight I'd be less bothered by it than if my daughter got into a fistfight even if the situations were identical.

You have no issues where you use a double standard?

When it comes to abuse of my children by an adult in authority over them, no double standards. I'd want the same to be done of a female teacher that would be done by a male teacher (I have a son and a daughter). And frankly, the handling of discipline would be as harsh for each of my kids as well...no double standard based upon their gender.

And trying to equate sexual conduct between a teenager and an adult in authority, and a fist fight is weak.

Seriously? What a double standard. All teenage guys only want to get some and don't get emotionally involved? Go sit in a high school for a week and tell me the same thing. Kids are always crying about their girlfriends.

:lol: :lol: I am probably the most recent one to graduate high school, I have been out for a year and a half. I don't remember any of my friends crying or whining about their girlfriends. Sure some of them got emotionally involved but never cry and if they did it was more so them hoping their gf's won't be mad about something they did.. The guys you see are crying must have an extra dose of estrogen or something. There are your few exceptions that would act like their high school relationships mirrored that of Dawson's Creek but that is only a small percentage.

I'm sorry but 4 years in prison for this is very excessive if you ask me. Should she ever teach again, no but hard time is a little much. The mother of one of the boys sobbing in court yesterday talking about her son being scarred for life almost made me laugh. The only scarring would be from their ego's swelling so quickly, as teenage boys getting ready to graduate there were no ill effects from this. I'm pretty sure I heard on Bill Cunningham's show that they've all moved on to very good universities and are doing very well.

I've been out of high school a long time. Is that what they're called these days?

I read that part of the teacher's insanity defense was that her vegan diet was a contributing factor.

Now, even though we're in the Hot Topics forum, this is a family site. So I will NOT expound on my theory that most if not all vegans sneak a little...

(Sorry RM. Back to a serious discussion).

When it comes to abuse of my children by an adult in authority over them, no double standards. I'd want the same to be done of a female teacher that would be done by a male teacher (I have a son and a daughter). And frankly, the handling of discipline would be as harsh for each of my kids as well...no double standard based upon their gender.

And trying to equate sexual conduct between a teenager and an adult in authority, and a fist fight is weak.

Assuming I was trying to equate the two in nature is asinine. It seemed obvious I was pointing out that double standards exist.

Secondly, unless the teacher was forcing the 17 year old kid to have sex in exchange for grades or had some power over him then I'll refrain from referring to it as "abuse."

Secondly, unless the teacher was forcing the 17 year old kid to have sex in exchange for grades or had some power over him then I'll refrain from referring to it as "abuse."

The problem is that the authority structure implies coercion, whether it was explicitly threatened or not. Despite all the faux-machismo displayed in this thread (or partly because of it), high school students are very susceptible to manipulation. While I agree there is another layer of issues if the teacher was male and the student was female, it's fundamentally the same problem.

The problem is that the authority structure implies coercion, whether it was explicitly threatened or not. Despite all the faux-machismo displayed in this thread (or partly because of it), high school students are very susceptible to manipulation. While I agree there is another layer of issues if the teacher was male and the student was female, it's fundamentally the same problem.

I get the "implied authority" aspect. I just don't think 17 year old boys look at it as anything other than an opportunity to score. If that's it(and I bet it was here) then I do not think it is abuse.