October 31, 201114 yr Not sure. But let's not be naive enough to think 16-17 year olds aren't having sex without a 30+ teacher involved. Same applies on the female side.
October 31, 201114 yr There's a lot of male egos on this thread. Shouldn't be viewed by the males as another trophy on the mantel. This was a crime and she is one "sick puppy". You're putting words into the mouths of us that simply do not agree with you. Always a dangerous leap.
October 31, 201114 yr Same applies on the female side. Well, they're having sex with someone under 18.
October 31, 201114 yr You're putting words into the mouths of us that simply do not agree with you. Always a dangerous leap. I'm not putting words into anyone's mouth. Sorry if you took it that way. Just giving my impressions based on what I have read. I learned a long time ago to agree to disagree.
October 31, 201114 yr I'm not putting words into anyone's mouth. Sorry if you took it that way. Just giving my impressions based on what I have read. I learned a long time ago to agree to disagree. So which post made you think it was a bunch of male egos or viewing it at a kid putting another trophy on the wall?
October 31, 201114 yr So which post made you think it was a bunch of male egos or viewing it at a kid putting another trophy on the wall? They are scattered throughout. Read the previous posts, I'm not the only one who thinks this.
October 31, 201114 yr So which post made you think it was a bunch of male egos or viewing it at a kid putting another trophy on the wall? Posts 19, 27, 38, 67, 70, 71, 72, 114.
October 31, 201114 yr Posts 19, 27, 38, 67, 70, 71, 72, 114. While one might not appreciate the humor or frankness the point being made in most of those is simple. Many, if not most, high school boys are going to struggle to say no to the opportunity to have sex with a female especially if it's an adult. We can argue whether that's morally right. We can argue whether it's the parents' fault. We can argue whether the teacher is a "sicko" or a "pervert." We can argue a bunch of things. What we cannot argue is biology.
October 31, 201114 yr While one might not appreciate the humor or frankness the point being made in most of those is simple. Many, if not most, high school boys are going to struggle to say no to the opportunity to have sex with a female especially if it's an adult. We can argue whether that's morally right. We can argue whether it's the parents' fault. We can argue whether the teacher is a "sicko" or a "pervert." We can argue a bunch of things. What we cannot argue is biology. We aren't arguing about whether teenage boys have libidos (though I would say that far more than are given credit for in this thread have certain levels of morality, anxiety, fear of punishment, or something else that would make them reluctant). Some people are making the point that because of that there is nothing wrong with the situation or it is a victimless crime and too much fuss is being made about it. Some others, like myself, believe that it is an abuse of authority and shouldn't be brushed off or treated carelessly because the female teacher was allegedly "hot," especially when that would not be the case if Brad Pitt were the teacher and the cheerleaders were sleeping with him. Afterall, females have libidos too. I'm probably as much of a social liberal as you'll run into, but this was illegal and the nature of the teacher-student relationship is such that this isn't purely innocent even if the guys were gung-ho about it (their testimony is absent from this discussion, however).
October 31, 201114 yr We aren't arguing about whether teenage boys have libidos (though I would say that far more than are given credit for in this thread have certain levels of morality, anxiety, fear of punishment, or something else that would make them reluctant). Some people are making the point that because of that there is nothing wrong with the situation or it is a victimless crime and too much fuss is being made about it. Some others, like myself, believe that it is an abuse of authority and shouldn't be brushed off or treated carelessly because the female teacher was allegedly "hot," especially when that would not be the case if Brad Pitt were the teacher and the cheerleaders were sleeping with him. Afterall, females have libidos too. I'm probably as much of a social liberal as you'll run into, but this was illegal and the nature of the teacher-student relationship is such that this isn't purely innocent even if the guys were gung-ho about it (their testimony is absent from this discussion, however). Overall and at a high level we agree. I do not think 17 yr old girls have the same urge as a 17 yr old boy. Even "good boys" will succumb to the urge given the chance. It doesn't matter how much "churchin" they've had. It only takes one time to give in. (See Adam and an apple). It should not be brushed off. The lady has to pay but 4 years in prison isn't appropriate. She should never teach or have a job around minors. She should do some time but I'd say 1 year max.
October 31, 201114 yr The last article I read said she would be serving six months of the four years.
October 31, 201114 yr The last article I read said she would be serving six months of the four years. I can live with that.
October 31, 201114 yr Overall and at a high level we agree. I do not think 17 yr old girls have the same urge as a 17 yr old boy. Even "good boys" will succumb to the urge given the chance. It doesn't matter how much "churchin" they've had. It only takes one time to give in. (See Adam and an apple). It should not be brushed off. The lady has to pay but 4 years in prison isn't appropriate. She should never teach or have a job around minors. She should do some time but I'd say 1 year max. :lol: Are you kidding? :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.