Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State Wide Smoking Ban Proposed

Featured Replies

  • Replies 261
  • Views 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That I would support 100%.

 

I would too, but wouldn't the car owners rights be violated?

I would too, but wouldn't the car owners rights be violated?

Not sure if the kids have much of a choice in the matter.

 

By my own rationale, I guess you could also say a kid does not have a say if their parents take them in to a smoke induced environment. But at what point where does it stop? They can be just as easily or more affected at home.

I would too, but wouldn't the car owners rights be violated?

When a second party doesn't have a choice in the matter then no.

 

Not sure if the kids have much of a choice in the matter.

 

By my own rationale, I guess you could also say a kid does not have a say if their parents take them in to a smoke induced environment. But at what point where does it stop? They can be just as easily or more affected at home.

 

I wouldn't have an issue with smoking sections being 18 and over only. In Henderson a bar/restaurant can allow smoking only if the smoking section has a seperate air handling system and is completely closed off from the non smoking section. Rookies for instances is a restaruant and a sports bar. The restaurant side is non smoking and the sports bar is smoking. There is a door between the two but it remains closed and they have seperate air systems.

For those of you who want the ban, why do you believe that 2nd hand smoke is going to kill you? If you go on the web you can find all kinds of studies (one paid for by the American Cancer Society) that don't have any conclusions, they are mostly theories (remember global warming?). I know that you have all heard the propaganda, but it’s just that, propaganda.

The American Cancer Society and the American Lung Association are lobbying Public officials for smoking bans. Those two groups are backed financially, in large part, by the pharmaceutical companies that make the “quit smoking aids” that don’t work! It’s all about the money!

Amen - Finally.

That I would support 100%.

I would too, but wouldn't the car owners rights be violated?

Would you three be in favor of banning smoking inside someone's house if they have children?

Hey! This one will be even more fun to debate!

 

Bill would ban smoking in cars with children.

Bills like this make me even more hesitant to support a "normal" smoking ban. I fear that by allowing statewide smoking bans we open ourselves up to more government intrusion than even the most statist citizens would find uncomfortable.
Again, ask the owner to have them smoke in an area away from the entrance. Problem solved.

 

When you tell me why your rights are more important than theirs, I'll tell you why theirs are more important than yours.

 

My guess is that the owner wasn't around and it is also my guess is that it just might be the company policy not to smoke standing outside the store door, where the customers enter.

Would you three be in favor of banning smoking inside someone's house if they have children?

 

No.

Would you three be in favor of banning smoking inside someone's house if they have children?

 

To an extent. If I knew it would stop at smoking. It's a tad naive to believe that though. I feel bad for children who's parents don't care about their health. I'm not sure how to solve the issue though. To me we're starting to reach though. I still have no idea what is so difficult about stepping outside to smoke at a restaurant.

To an extent. If I knew it would stop at smoking. It's a tad naive to believe that though. I feel bad for children who's parents don't care about their health. I'm not sure how to solve the issue though. To me we're starting to reach though. I still have no idea what is so difficult about stepping outside to smoke at a restaurant.
I think in some cases some people just aren't educated enough to know better.

 

I still don't see why it's so hard to choose another place to eat. You knew I was going to say that, didn't you? :lol:

I'm trying to rationalize the thought that a legal behavior (smoking) could be illegal in one's own car. And how does one rationalize making smoking in a car with children illegal, but not in one's home (where it's likely that people smoke more)? I don't think it's good to smoke around children. But at what point does the line get crossed into intrusion into one's personal space? And I'm having a hard time with: You can't smoke in a restaurant, and now, as you leave the restaurant after not smoking, you can't light up in your car if you have your kids with you.

While I don't think you should smoke around a child in that setting, I have trouble with a law like this. As pointed out, where does it end?

 

RTS, of course it was a different time but from my Mothers smoking inside the car during the winter so much, that the rag my Father used to clean those windows would be stained a dirty yellowish brown color. As a child knowing why my Mothers fingers were also a yellowish color I wonder what that smoke did to my insides. I mean heck if it colored the window, the rag and her fingers so badly, what was it doing to me. That is why not one single time in my entire life, have I ever had a cigarette or cigar to my lips!

 

I had no choice as I was a child! I hated it but then I was just a child! My Mother however was addicted to it, so I had to live with it. I hated that it help killed her too, but by then, I didn't live at home any longer. She just couldn't quit!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.