State Wide Smoking Ban Proposed

Plato

Please explain why you feel it is not relevant.

The point that has been trying to be made is that alcohol is legal but there are restrictions on serving it.

Contrary to the point being made that smoking is legal so there shouldn't be any restrictions made on it.

Who said there shouldn't be restrictions on it? Can I buy a glass of beer at the court house? Guess what, I can't smoke the court either. I already said I wouldn't have a problem making the smoking section at restaurants 18 and over. They would also have to be seperate rooms with their own ventilation and HVAC systems.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain why you feel it is not relevant.

The point that has been trying to be made is that alcohol is legal but there are restrictions on serving it.

Contrary to the point being made that smoking is legal so there shouldn't be any restrictions made on it.

There are plenty of restrictions on serving/selling cigarettes.

We are not talking about the serving/selling of cigarettes.

We are talking about people who don't like cigarettes trying to force their will on someone elses private entity. An entity that is answerable to it's patrons. An entity that you do not have to enter if you don't want to. The business does not have to cater to your every whim. If you do not like the way they run their establishment don't go there.

No conservative or libertarian should be in favor of this.

If this second hand smoke thing is all about safe health that is in a buisness owners restaurant.Why is it OK to ban smoking that the owner of the business allows,but it's ok for the owner of the business to let someone consume unhealthy food on his property?I guarantee more people die each year from unhealthy eating at restaurants than people who die from second hand smoke.

I would not be for banning guns. But I am for restricting their use in public places where they could hurt someone else.

If people want to carry the pack of cigarettes around I'm ok with that. Just keep them holstered until you are a safe distance away from everyone else.

I would not be for banning guns. But I am for restricting their use in public places where they could hurt someone else.

If people want to carry the pack of cigarettes around I'm ok with that. Just keep them holstered until you are a safe distance away from everyone else.

A concealed firearm or other deadly weapon SHALL NOT be carried in the following places:

•Police station or sheriff's office.

•Detention facility, prison or jail.

•Courthouse (Court of Justice, courtroom or court proceeding).

•County, municipal, or special district governing body meetings.

•Meeting of governing body of a county, municipality, or special district.

•General Assembly session, including committee meetings.

•Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense beer or alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose.

•Elementary or secondary school facilities (without the consent of school authorities).

•Child-caring facilities, day care centers, or any certified family child care home.

•Areas within an airport where restricted access is controlled by the inspection of persons or property.

•Any place where federal law prohibits the carrying of a firearm.

You can take your gun inside cracker barrel if you have a permit.I'm not going to be the one to ask the person that is sitting next to me packing heat to see his gun permit.

So, you're saying you have a problem with conceal carry?

If this second hand smoke thing is all about safe health that is in a buisness owners restaurant.Why is it OK to ban smoking that the owner of the business allows,but it's ok for the owner of the business to let someone consume unhealthy food on his property?I guarantee more people die each year from unhealthy eating at restaurants than people who die from second hand smoke.

How many times does this need to be said? If I order a 2200 calorie meal it can't affect your health. If I sit in the seat next to you and smoke it does affect your health.

How many times does this need to be said? If I order a 2200 calorie meal it can't affect your health. If I sit in the seat next to you and smoke it does affect your health.

But you eating a 2200 calorie meal does affect my wallet in the form of health insurance. Again, where does it stop?