State Wide Smoking Ban Proposed

Plato

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is you're either 100% membership or no membership.

That's what I mean though, if the legislation doesn't specify a said dollar amount that qualifies it to be a club. I could see people paying a one time, or annual membership fee of a dollar or penny or whatever the restaurant or bar chooses. Especially if the business feels that it's in their best interest to do so.

That's what I mean though, if the legislation doesn't specify a said dollar amount that qualifies it to be a club. I could see people paying a one time, or annual membership fee of a dollar or penny or whatever the restaurant or bar chooses. Especially if the business feels that it's in their best interest to do so.

I'm no legal expert but my guess is the state employs attorneys that will not make that very appealing to businesses.

I'm no legal expert but my guess is the state employs attorneys that will not make that very appealing to businesses.

I dunno I could see it going both ways. Would make sense for the state to leave it open to where establishments could be left with a choice.

Where are the civil rights advocates for the non-smokers in this debate? I went to get milk this morning before my kids were up. I go to walk in a local mini mart but have to walk through the employee's smoke who was standing outside. I don't want to be around the smoke, I don't want my clothes to smell like smoke, and I don't want to inhale the carcinogens that I have watched kill many of my family. Why should it be my responsibility to have to drive around town and find an establishment that doesn't have people around smoking. It is a habit, it is not any kind of necessity, and you (the general you) doing it has a detrimental affect on me. It also drives my insurance costs up because I am having to pay for the care of people with emphysema and other smoking related illnesses.

I do not see protecting my rights has this country losing its greatness. That is just silly.

Where are the civil rights advocates for the non-smokers in this debate? I went to get milk this morning before my kids were up. I go to walk in a local mini mart but have to walk through the employee's smoke who was standing outside. I don't want to be around the smoke, I don't want my clothes to smell like smoke, and I don't want to inhale the carcinogens that I have watched kill many of my family. Why should it be my responsibility to have to drive around town and find an establishment that doesn't have people around smoking. It is a habit, it is not any kind of necessity, and you (the general you) doing it has a detrimental affect on me. It also drives my insurance costs up because I am having to pay for the care of people with emphysema and other smoking related illnesses.

I do not see protecting my rights has this country losing its greatness. That is just silly.

It's the smokers right to smoke where they want. If they wish to do harm to themselves then allow them. Why should they have to drive all around town to find somewhere they're allowed to smoke? Smoking stupid, but it shouldn't be up to the government to decide who can smoke where. It should be up to each individual business owner.

This isn't protecting your rights, it's infringing on the smoker's. Whether you want to believe it or not, your rights are no more important than the smoker's.