Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State Wide Smoking Ban Proposed

Featured Replies

No. No problem with guns here.
OK, I just misunderstood your post.
  • Replies 261
  • Views 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But you eating a 2200 calorie meal does affect my wallet in the form of health insurance. Again, where does it stop?

 

But the decision on the smoking issue is a HEALTH issue and in no way a financial issue that you are raising.

 

 

As far as the car scenario raised by Stumbo, I am not supportive of that at all. The 2200 calorie meals for children and what the parents allow them to eat is more of a problem than being stuck in a car for the 3-5-10 minute drive.

But you eating a 2200 calorie meal does affect my wallet in the form of health insurance. Again, where does it stop?

 

I would say your health is more important than your wallet. I would hope our government makes public health more of a prirority.

yes
How do you propose this law gets enforced? Seems to me that checks by the police in houses with children would be the only way. That sounds fun.
  • Author
OK, I just misunderstood your post.

 

I was trying to say that I have no problem with someone carrying a gun or carrying cigarettes. It is deciding when it is ok to get them out and use them that needs to be regulated.

How many times does this need to be said? If I order a 2200 calorie meal it can't affect your health. If I sit in the seat next to you and smoke it does affect your health.

 

How many times does this need to be said?No one is forcing you to go into a restaurant that allows smoking...:ohbrother:

All I can say is Thank God This Man can never run for President of the United States...:scared:

Kim_Jong_Il.jpg

Edited by ADopted ADmiral

How many times does this need to be said?No one is forcing you to go into a restaurant that allows smoking...:ohbrother:

 

And no one is forcing smokers to go to restaurants that don't allow smoking.

Why can't this be put on a statewide ballot for the public to vote on. Let the majority speak? If a ban is passed by the majority, then so be it.

And no one is forcing smokers to go to restaurants that don't allow smoking.

 

And I don't think smokers care,if the business owner made that decision to not allow smoking in his business...:thumb:

They as Americans can choose not to spend their money at a non smoking restaurant and go to one that allows smoking...

 

We as Americans have that choice right now but the more our country slowly falls into the hands of communist ways the faster we lose our Freedom of Choice...

And no one is forcing smokers to go to restaurants that don't allow smoking.

 

Oh but they do.......

 

Just the other night my wife and I were sitting in a non smoking restaurant enjoying our dinner when the distinctive smell of cigarettes entered the area we were eating in and lo and behold it was a family and the father smelled to high heaven of stale cigarettes. The man left the dinner table on two different occasions to go outside and smoke leaving his wife and kids alone. Sort a felt sorry for the man because to be addicated to something so strongly causing you to leave your family twice during a hour and a half dinner really is sad.

 

BTW can any of you smokers please tell me why you and your kind find it necessary to throw out your car window your cigarette butts? Do you honestly think the world is your personal ash tray? Just look at any red light at a exit off the expressway and all you see are cigarettes butts everywhere. Honestly most of the litter now days isn't from the McDonald's of the world or pop cans as like in the past but cigarette butts. I guess it goes with the mentality of those who smoke...........

Why can't this be put on a statewide ballot for the public to vote on. Let the majority speak? If a ban is passed by the majority, then so be it.

 

That would be to American for some to stomach...

I would be all for a statewide vote...Most non smokers I know are against the Government being involved in this ban...

Oh but they do.......

 

Just the other night my wife and I were sitting in a non smoking restaurant enjoying our dinner when the distinctive smell of cigarettes entered the area we were eating in and lo and behold it was a family and the father smelled to high heaven of stale cigarettes. The man left the dinner table on two different occasions to go outside and smoke leaving his wife and kids alone. Sort a felt sorry for the man because to be addicated to something so strongly causing you to leave your family twice during a hour and a half dinner really is sad.

 

BTW can any of you smokers please tell me why you and your kind find it neccassary to throw out your car window your cigarette butts? Do you honestly think the world is your personal ash tray? Just look at any red light at a exit off the expressway and all you see are cigarettes butts everywhere. Honestly most of the litter now days isn't from the McDonald's of the world or pop cans as like in the past but cigarette butts. I guess it goes with the mentality of those who smoke...........

 

So your problem with Smokers is they Stink and they litter?I have found that same problem with some people who don't smoke.:idunno:

Why can't this be put on a statewide ballot for the public to vote on. Let the majority speak? If a ban is passed by the majority, then so be it.

 

I actually don't agree with it being put on ballot, in this case. Again, for me it's simply about individual right to decide how they will run their privately owned business. It is not be me or anyone else to decide.

So your problem with Smokers is they Stink and they litter?I have found that same problem with some people who don't smoke.:idunno:

 

No the point was a smoker can go into a non smoking restaurant and still go outside to smoke, while those who have a hard time medically dealing with cigarette smoke, can't go into a smoking establishment.

And as I stated, I felt sorry for the man to be so addicted to something so badly, that he had to leave his wife and kids.

 

And you didn't answer my question as to why I see so many cigarette butts all over the place that are thrown carelessly on the ground by smokers! They don't seem to care about anything but their smoking and it's because they are addicted to it. They need it, they have to have it, they carve that cigarette, and they can't live without it for too long! Strange to me for someone to allow something like a tiny cigarette to control someones life!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.