"Dream Act" Fails

cammando

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't for a second think that many that are affected by this are wonderful, productive people who may not even know that they are not citizens. BUT what makes it a gray area to me is the idea that children shouldn't be allowed to benefit from an illegal activity of a parent even though they may have had nothing to do with it.

I understand your point of view. For me, I focus on what is best and right for the child, not what the parent did.

What is sad, that they will not take advantage of what is law already?

The difference between current law and the proposed law is that no one is allowed to tag onto the individual's time in the service.

So, if they don't qualify for the military, too bad? What is wrong with a second option of becoming college educated? As LBBC has pointed out, the list of qualifications needed to fulfill the requirement for citizenship via the Dream Act is quite lengthy. It is not amnesty. It is very much conditional.

I feel sorry for the kids that would benefit and find a place that they really belong in this world. I also feel sorry for those that have no compassion or no time to consider the circumstances of the children in this situation.

Some think that President Obama has been very aggressive in deportations this year hoping that it would help with all immigration issues when it comes to getting votes from the Rs.

I think he's finding that , as Speaker Boehner said, the other side often thinks "compromise" is a bad word.

So, if they don't qualify for the military, too bad? What is wrong with a second option of becoming college educated? As LBBC has pointed out, the list of qualifications needed to fulfill the requirement for citizenship via the Dream Act is quite lengthy. It is not amnesty. It is very much conditional.

I feel sorry for the kids that would benefit and find a place that they really belong in this world. I also feel sorry for those that have no compassion or no time to consider the circumstances of the children in this situation.

In the case of not being able to qualify for the military, an adjustment would be needed. But why is there a problem with military service first. There is an education of mind and body. Then there is the higher education for them after they leave the service. The compassion here is that they are learning a tough lesson in life. Something that all of our youth need to learn. Maybe they will think about how their actions will affect others many years down the road.

In the case of not being able to qualify for the military, an adjustment would be needed. But why is there a problem with military service first. There is an education of mind and body. Then there is the higher education for them after they leave the service. The compassion here is that they are learning a tough lesson in life. Something that all of our youth need to learn. Maybe they will think about how their actions will affect others many years down the road.

I suppose that you support a military draft, also? Personally, I think that the best military comes from those that chose it, not from those that find it their only choice.

The path of education in the case of the Dream Act is VERY arduous. There is no doubt that many tough life lessons will be learned, as well. I'll ask my question again. What is wrong with a second option with the path of education, WITHOUT all of the advantages of that of an established citizen?

I suppose that you support a military draft, also? Personally, I think that the best military comes from those that chose it, not from those that find it their only choice.

The path of education in the case of the Dream Act is VERY arduous. There is no doubt that many tough life lessons will be learned, as well. I'll ask my question again. What is wrong with a second option with the path of education, WITHOUT all of the advantages of that of an established citizen?

At this time I do not believe there is a need for a draft. I do not rule out that there should never be a draft though.

I read that 2 years of schooling was all that was needed to meet the so-called "Dream Act" requirements. Even if it 4 years I oppose it. The act is just another give away program that will cost taxpayers money. It is correct that many relatives of those who meet the acts requirements would also be allowed in? If it does, that is wrong as well. What is wrong with obeying and using the laws we have already? I know, it does not allow for a bunch of Dem votes in 2012.

At this time I do not believe there is a need for a draft. I do not rule out that there should never be a draft though.

I read that 2 years of schooling was all that was needed to meet the so-called "Dream Act" requirements. Even if it 4 years I oppose it. The act is just another give away program that will cost taxpayers money. It is correct that many relatives of those who meet the acts requirements would also be allowed in? If it does, that is wrong as well. What is wrong with obeying and using the laws we have already? I know, it does not allow for a bunch of Dem votes in 2012.

What exactly about the dream act is the give away?