"Dream Act" Fails

cammando

At this time I do not believe there is a need for a draft. I do not rule out that there should never be a draft though.

I read that 2 years of schooling was all that was needed to meet the so-called "Dream Act" requirements. Even if it 4 years I oppose it. The act is just another give away program that will cost taxpayers money. It is correct that many relatives of those who meet the acts requirements would also be allowed in? If it does, that is wrong as well. What is wrong with obeying and using the laws we have already? I know, it does not allow for a bunch of Dem votes in 2012.

Then why allow the military as an option? I am not sure why you support one method and not the other.

Additionally, did you read the criteria that must be met that LBBC posted?

How will the Dream Act cost the taxpayers money, aside from clothing, feeding and caring for those that use the military option (the one that you support)?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why allow the military as an option? I am not sure why you support one method and not the other.

Additionally, did you read the criteria that must be met that LBBC posted?

How will the Dream Act cost the taxpayers money, aside from clothing, feeding and caring for those that use the military option (the one that you support)?

Why support more bureaucracy and government waste, when there is a program in place to do the same thing? I do not believe 2 years of schooling or military service is enough.

At least with military service we are sure of getting something out of them.

Why support more bureaucracy and government waste, when there is a program in place to do the same thing? I do not believe 2 years of schooling or military service is enough.

At least with military service we are sure of getting something out of them.

Again, how will it cost the taxpayers money?

Again, did you even read the many criteria that LBBC posted?

Again, how will it cost the taxpayers money?

Again, did you even read the many criteria that LBBC posted?

When the government is involved in such matters, there is a bureaucracy to oversee it and that means money spent.

Why is there a problem with the status-quo? Not touchy feely enough for you? Is it because that bad decisions now are confronted?

I don't for a second think that many that are affected by this are wonderful, productive people who may not even know that they are not citizens. BUT what makes it a gray area to me is the idea that children shouldn't be allowed to benefit from an illegal activity of a parent even though they may have had nothing to do with it.

How do you feel about legacy rich folks whose ancestors built their massive fortunes by violating/ignoring labor laws?

How do you feel about legacy rich folks whose ancestors built their massive fortunes by violating/ignoring labor laws?

Have there not been judgements against such people? If you can show proof that crimes were committed BASED ON THE LAWS OF THE DAY NOT PRESENT STATUTE then I would have no problem with the so called "rich folks" (when exactly did that become a derogatory term?) losing some of that wealth.

Have there not been judgements against such people? If you can show proof that crimes were committed BASED ON THE LAWS OF THE DAY NOT PRESENT STATUTE then I would have no problem with the so called "rich folks" (when exactly did that become a derogatory term?) losing some of that wealth.

Probably about the time "poor people" and "liberal" and "conservative" did.