Corbin's Ex-file

4chs

An update on some past Redhounds now playing elsewhere:

Mitch & Chaz Jackson(Pikeville) - Play Somerset tonight.

Ross Deaton (Somerset) - Play Pikeville tonight.

Josh Ware(Baylor) - Play in the Tn. Private state semifinals tonight after upsetting Montgomery Bell Academy last week.

DJ Marcum(John Hardin) - Play Male tonight after the win over PRP last week.

Preston Smith(Hazard) - Lost to Lynn Camp last week ending a very good career for Preston.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Josh Ware doing? I believe he scored Baylor's first TD of the year on the return of a blocked punt. Is that correct?

I believe that you are correct.

He starts on defense and has several Int's., plays on special teams and also plays some RB. The offensive coodinator there is former Alabama and New England great John Hannah and I think that they run Tony Franklin's offense and throw the ball a lot.

Good Luck to the Panthers tonight!

An update on some past Redhounds now playing elsewhere:

Mitch & Chaz Jackson(Pikeville) - Play Somerset tonight.

Ross Deaton (Somerset) - Play Pikeville tonight.

Josh Ware(Baylor) - Play in the Tn. Private state semifinals tonight after upsetting Montgomery Bell Academy last week.

DJ Marcum(John Hardin) - Play Male tonight after the win over PRP last week.

Preston Smith(Hazard) - Lost to Lynn Camp last week ending a very good career for Preston.

DJ stats while at John Hardin

Jr year 2004 97 tackles 7 sacks (All Area Linebacker, finished second to Bradon Derick for Defensive player of the year, honorable mention 3rd team all state.)

Sr. year 2005 131 tackles, 24 tackles for lost, 12 sacks district defensive player of the week 4 times during the season. Plays St X for region title

Still gives the Corbin system for making him a Linebacker with attitude

that doesnt include half of lynn camps team as well alot of they guys that play there went and played at corbin in middle school and or grade school:

J.C Keith, Anthony Walters, maybe Chafin when he was younger, Scott Bray, and prob more

oh ok didnt know thinks the boys in red have had and lost some good players but still uphold the highly set standards of the football program, i guess thats when you know you have a good football program.
IMO Over the last 60 years Corbin has had a program a good as any in the state, but I don't think they would have started out 0 and 5 if most of the players you talked about were there. The only thing that helped right our ship was the weak district we play in. Add to those that left, the athletes at Corbin that don't play football only basketball or baseball add all these up WOW! great numbers, more good bodies, much better team.

There are ALOT of bodies that would be great football players that stick to one sport other than football. IMO Corbin would have the best offense in their class last year if basketball stars Jordan Noble and Andrew Parks would have been wide receivers, making that three receivers over 6'4 and Blackwood as the 4th...as well, Blake Freeman, the current RB at Corbin had an older brother that was bigger, stronger, and faster than him that stuck with TENNIS :eek: Barrett would have made a great athletic fullback as he was probly 6'0, 220 and a very athletic kid...but I'm sure every school has problems like these.

There are ALOT of bodies that would be great football players that stick to one sport other than football. IMO Corbin would have the best offense in their class last year if basketball stars Jordan Noble and Andrew Parks would have been wide receivers, making that three receivers over 6'4 and Blackwood as the 4th...as well, Blake Freeman, the current RB at Corbin had an older brother that was bigger, stronger, and faster than him that stuck with TENNIS :eek: Barrett would have made a great athletic fullback as he was probly 6'0, 220 and a very athletic kid...but I'm sure every school has problems like these.

The man called Freedom would have made an excellent fullback. Nobel, Parks, Mills, Blackwood, Tate (if he played), would have made the Hounds have the best offense in the state let alone 2A. My hat goes off to the coaching staff though. They played with the cards that they were dealt and turned out to be pretty darn good.

Not just that year but years before, imagine trying to cover a guy as atheletic and as big as Isaiah Mills running the post route, weighing 280 and standing 6'10.
I had never thought about Mills playing football but looking back it may have been his best sport, When Parks was talked about being a wide out, what if he had been a defensive end crashing the qb like the guy for Lousville, WOW! What about Josh Crawford didn't he play qb in the 7th grade, for his body size football may be have been his best sport also.

Noble has speed and could jump out of the gym and was 6'4". He could have been an excellent receiver.