Six Classes Voted In Today

ThrowItDeep

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 35 per class. (If evenly distributed.)

What a joke! Now a state title won't mean as much, and all but just a couple of teams per class will make the playoffs, LOL..

Talk about watering down a system, KY doesn't have enough teams for this, it would be better off having just 3 classes the way it is now.

35 per class? Pitiful. It is nothing but a glorified youth soccer league where everyone gets a trophy. I'd say when all is said and done the same schools will play for the state championships, but it will be even easier for them to get there with watered down classes.

So what there are only 35 fairly evenly divided teams...Patriots won the Super Bowl but heck there are only 32 evenly divided teams.

One early starting point for drawn up classes and districts had 8 districts per class. Each district would have 4 or 5 teams. They are thinking that 4 will make the playoffs from each district. Yes, that would mean 32 of 35 teams if I'm following their thinking.

Again, this is all very early and subject to much change.

What a joke! Now a state title won't mean as much, and all but just a couple of teams per class will make the playoffs, LOL..

Talk about watering down a system, KY doesn't have enough teams for this, it would be better off having just 3 classes the way it is now.

No offense, but I look at 5A and think state title appearance every season. There's got to be a better way. I want our accomplishments to mean something like they do now. 5 classes I could except, but 6? :confused: This sucks. I hope it never passes.

It'd be too bad... Fern Creek, Dixie Heights and Warren Central would all be pushed out of the top class for sure. Would they want to play up?

There'd be about 10 Louisville teams in the top class: St Xavier, Trinity, PRP, Manual, Eastern, Seneca, Ballard, Male, Butler, and Southern.

Fern Creek would stay, Warren and Dixie would be pushed down a level though.

If they'd be having four teams per district make the playoffs... how many districts would there be?

Assuming no one were playing up, for example, look at the top class.

10 teams in Louisville, and about 5 more in surrounding counties (like Hardin and Shelby.) You'd make those into 2 districts.

That's half of 6A right there. Then I guess you'd have 2 more exceptionally unbalanced and geographically incohesive districts for West and East.

If they'd be having four teams per district make the playoffs... how many districts would there be?

From above:

One early starting point for drawn up classes and districts had 8 districts per class. Each district would have 4 or 5 teams. .

One early starting point for drawn up classes and districts had 8 districts per class. Each district would have 4 or 5 teams. They are thinking that 4 will make the playoffs from each district. Yes, that would mean 32 of 35 teams if I'm following their thinking.

Again, this is all very early and subject to much change.

In THAT case...

2 Louisville districts:

West

St. Xavier

Butler

PRP

East

Seneca

Ballard

Eastern

Trinity

Shelby County

Unsure

Male

Manual

Southern

At least 2 of the 'unsure' would have to go in the west. Southern should be one of them, to even out the districts by splitting Male and Manual.

How much bigger are HC and NC than Beechwood, Bellevue, Ludlow, Dayton? One initial proposal is that HC and NC would be in 2A while the others would be in 1A.

Beechwood, Ludlow, Dayton, and Bellevue are deffinetly 1A. I suspect that NCC and HC are 2A with this proposal alon with Lloyd.