Six Classes Voted In Today

ThrowItDeep

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So....is this the alternative to splitting the publics and privates? If so, I applaud them for at least considering such an alternative. Given the choice, I'd MUCH prefer this than a split.

I agree. I still don't think KY has enough schools for a 6 class system. I am not even sure we have enough for a 5 class system. But this is much better than a split.

Since the board completely disregarded the schools (whom they are supposed to represent?) Prop 20 recommendation rather bluntly, perhaps we should look at this as more of a negotiation situation.

If you are shooting for 5 classes, what do you propose? ...... 6 right?

Theres probably a lot of dickering going on back stage that we dont know about and anything is possible.

Cheers, Woody Jr

Since the board completely disregarded the schools (whom they are supposed to represent?) Prop 20 recommendation rather bluntly, perhaps we should look at this as more of a negotiation situation.

If you are shooting for 5 classes, what do you propose? ...... 6 right?

Theres probably a lot of dickering going on back stage that we dont know about and anything is possible.

Cheers, Woody Jr

:sssh: :lol: :lol:

And I'd rather not know.

If this happens I don't think they can let school decide to play up. I would think you would have to play where you fall. You can't have schools jumping around at will.

Why not, this is the KHSAA isn't it. They can jump back and forth as good as anything you have ever witness. :lol:

If you take all the teams that qualify for the proposed 6A, and place them in their current districts, this is what it looks like. (Districts with too few teams in Blue, too many in Red.)

R1

D1 Graves, Christian, Greenwood, Marshall

D2 Apollo, Daviess, Henderson

R2

D3 Bullitt Central, Central Hardin, Meade, Nelson Co., North Hardin

D4 X, Male, Manual, PRP, Butler

R3

D5 Ballard, Eastern, Trinity, Seneca Shelby Co., Southern

D6 Boone, Campbell, Conner, SK, Ryle, Scott

R4

D7 Bryan Station, Henry Clay, Paul Dunbar, Lafayette, Tates Creek, Scott County

D8 GRC, Maddison Central

As you can see, the middle districts are loaded up, and the far districts are thin.

There are three solutions: pick some teams out that would qualify for 5A otherwise, draw insane districts, or both.

Grayson County,would be the biggest schools in 5A, if we cut it off at 36. Throw them in and the West is taken care of. Shelby County doesn't really fit ANYWHERE, but they can be moved in with the county teams surrounding Lexington. Put Scott Co. there as well, and you've got as balanced districts as you're going to get, so:

R1

D1 Graves, Christian, Greenwood, Marshall

D2 Apollo, Daviess, Henderson, Grayson Co.

R2

D3 Bullitt Central, Central Hardin, Meade, Nelson Co., North Hardin

D4 X, Male, Manual, PRP, Butler

R3

D5 Ballard, Eastern, Trinity, Seneca , Southern

D6 Boone, Campbell, Conner, SK, Ryle

R4

D7 Bryan Station, Henry Clay, Paul Dunbar, Lafayette, Tates Creek

D8 GRC, Maddison Central, Shelby Co., Scott County

But then you get problems. What if teams want to play up? A few teams most likely to desire to play up are in the 5 team districts, like Fern Creek. If ANY Louisville school wanted to play up, it would be trouble, and it hurts the alignments down the line. The playing up provision would be tough to deal with.

See, Dixie Heights AND Scott could play up, but BOTH couldn't, not without one moving down to R4D8. And what about small school powers, like Danville and Highlands? I really don't see playing up working out.

I would think that based on the schools that we would be paired with and the fact that there is enough teams to form a NKY district for 5A that our school would go along with the reclassification. I personnaly would like to play up, but there is no way that Scott would want to IMO. CCH would return to a rivalry for us, and there are about 5 or 6 excellent teams with us in the class. It won't be the same, but I suppose you get used to things in life. :rolleyes: