Ballard

Eastern

Trinity

Shelby County

Unsure

Male

Manual

Southern

At least 2 of the 'unsure' would have to go in the west. Southern should be one of them, to even out the districts by splitting Male and Manual.

Why do you assume Male and Manual would be split?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fern Creek is #41 in size in KY... they'd be dropped.

Doss

Grant County

Covington Catholic

Boyd County

Valley

Central

Ashland Blazer

Bowling Green

Hopkinsville

Oldham County

Pulaski Southwestern

Clay County

Lincoln County

Pulaski County

Madisonville-North Hopkins

Jeffersontown

Perry County Central

Owensboro

Iroquois

Holmes

Atherton

Johnson Central

Montgomery County

Warren Central

Dixie Heights

Scott

Woodford County

Whitley County

John Hardin

Barren County

Fern Creek

South Laurel

Ohio County

North Laurel

Grayson County

Bullitt Central

This is 5A if the other thread is correct, the info I was reading was onthe KHSAA's website and I think the report was wrong so hopefully this is more accurrate.

I am assuming this would be our district.

Why do you assume Male and Manual would be split?

If you can only have 5 teams in a district, they'd have to be, or you'd have to give up on geograpical cohesiveness.

In all honesty, the math doesn't work for 5 teams a district, unless PRP has to drop back to playing the teams just west of Louisville... boy, they'd love that again!

Doss

Grant County

Covington Catholic

Boyd County

Valley

Central

Ashland Blazer

Bowling Green

Hopkinsville

Oldham County

Pulaski Southwestern

Clay County

Lincoln County

Pulaski County

Madisonville-North Hopkins

Jeffersontown

Perry County Central

Owensboro

Iroquois

Holmes

Atherton

Johnson Central

Montgomery County

Warren Central

Dixie Heights

Scott

Woodford County

Whitley County

John Hardin

Barren County

Fern Creek

South Laurel

Ohio County

North Laurel

Grayson County

Bullitt Central

This is 5A if the other thread is correct, the info I was reading was onthe KHSAA's website and I think the report was wrong so hopefully this is more accurrate.

I am assuming this would be our district.

I think the error in your thinking is that they will simply take the list as it stands and chop it into 6 equal classes. I don't think that will be the case. It will be the basis but there will be exceptions. Remember - teams can play up. They also want to keep teams in relative proximity.

I think the error in your thinking is that they will simply take the list as it stands and chop it into 6 equal classes. I don't think that will be the case. It will be the basis but there will be exceptions. Remember - teams can play up. They also want to keep teams in relative proximity.

Well it wouldn't be a cake walk, there are some good teams in this bracket, but it certainly wouldn't be what we are used too.

Teams playing up will REALLY throw a monkey wrench into everything... it would mess up whether some teams were in districts that made any sense!

If Fern Creek plays up, that makes it a total of 11 Louisville teams (plus Shelby County, lord knows they don't belong in NKY or Lex) and the cap on teams in a district is 5... how does that work!? Butler AND PRP have to play in the Hardin Co. Support Group?

There just aren't enough teams for this! :irked:

Teams playing up will REALLY throw a monkey wrench into everything... it would mess up whether some teams were in districts that made any sense!

If Fern Creek plays up, that makes it a total of 11 Louisville teams (plus Shelby County, lord knows they don't belong in NKY or Lex) and the cap on teams in a district is 5... how does that work!? Butler AND PRP have to play in the Hardin Co. Support Group?

There just aren't enough teams for this! :irked:

This sucks, with any realignment we drop. We have started to build substantial rivalries that I really enjoy with Boone, Conner, Ryle, Campbell, SK, and last but not least Trinity, and the rest of the region. I'm going to miss that if this goes thru. I only hope we win a title before the change takes place because if it happens afterward no one will give us our due.

This sucks, with any realignment we drop. We have started to build substantial rivalries that I really enjoy with Boone, Conner, Ryle, Campbell, SK, and last but not least Trinity, and the rest of the region. I'm going to miss that if this goes thru. I only hope we win a title before the change takes place because if it happens afterward no one will give us our due.

With fewer (3 or 4) district games, Dixie would still be able to schedule games against traditional rivals.

It just occured to me... THREE Louisville districts!

L1: PRP, Butler, X, Manual

L2: Male, Southern, Seneca, Fern Creek

L3: Trinity, Eastern, Ballard, Shelby Co.

Don't you think that L1 will be a living hades, while L2 and L3 will be cakewalks? :cool: