Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Six Classes Voted In Today

Featured Replies

The Advisory Committee voted to create six classes in football. They met today to discuss the different issues surrounding high school football. Teams would be allowed to play up a class if they wished but would be made to do so before the districts are final. There would also be four teams from each district that would make the playoffs, not two, like what was previously thought. Any comments?

  • Replies 124
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will this system go in effect?

Where can we get the lowdown on this?

When will this system go in effect?

Any idea what schools would be in which classes???

Any idea what schools would be in which classes???

About 35 per class. (If evenly distributed.)

Wasn't this the coaches association making a recommendation to the KHSAA to do this?

 

In other words, this is far from being a reality, right?

35 per class? Pitiful. It is nothing but a glorified youth soccer league where everyone gets a trophy. I'd say when all is said and done the same schools will play for the state championships, but it will be even easier for them to get there with watered down classes.

Wasn't this the coaches association making a recommendation to the KHSAA to do this?

 

In other words, this is far from being a reality, right?

That's what I thought.

It sounds like this is just an example situation or something, I guess. But I may be wrong.

It'd be too bad... Fern Creek, Dixie Heights and Warren Central would all be pushed out of the top class for sure. Would they want to play up?

 

There'd be about 10 Louisville teams in the top class: St Xavier, Trinity, PRP, Manual, Eastern, Seneca, Ballard, Male, Butler, and Southern.

It'd be too bad... Fern Creek, Dixie Heights and Warren Central would all be pushed out of the top class for sure.

 

There'd be about 10 Louisville teams in the top class: St Xavier, Trinity, PRP, Manual, Eastern, Seneca, Ballard, Male, Butler, and Southern.

We'd miss the cut by 6 teams. :cry: It would cut our district in half. Not sure who we would have in our class. :cry:

We'd miss the cut by 6 teams. :cry: It would cut our district in half. Not sure who we would have in our class. :cry:

You could play up, or be favorites in 5A... what do you think?

So noone knows if this is true or not?

That's what I thought.

 

I think it is noteworthy for two reasons.

 

1. From what I understand, the coaches association members overwhelmingly support this idea.

 

2. I also think they are seeing this as an alternative to Prop 20 since the BOC didn't pass it.

I think it is noteworthy for two reasons.

 

1. From what I understand, the coaches association members overwhelmingly support this idea.

 

2. I also think they are seeing this as an alternative to Prop 20 since the BOC didn't pass it.

 

 

I'd be shocked if this could pass, though, where Prop 20 could, because you'd break up the JCPS bloc.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.