CovCath 17 Harrison Co 14

72birdman

Let me clarify about my description of the CC QB as being an average runner.

This is based on just the game on Saturday against HC. He didn't appear to have breakaway speed and really didn't hurt a pretty average HC defense through running the ball. Certainly CC has played great competition through his career and if he has put up outstanding running numbers, I stand corrected.

It was just my observation that he doesn't appear to be a running QB that opposition defenses have to game-plan around.

In my estimation, both Ammons and Burke are much more dangerous runners than the CC QB...that's all I'm saying...not trying to bash the kid at all.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still sticking with Ellison. Stats are nice but who has Franklin County played? I don't know but I'm just assuming it hasn't been teams with defenses like CCH has played over the past 2 years with Ellison under center.

However It might not be Ellison's fault it could be the fact that he has had a coaching change and a mediocre offense last year.

The bolded is a myth.

In the regular season, these two offenses (04 and 05) are essentially the same. 05 averages 2.2 points more per game than 04.

If you count the first round of the playoffs, they're dead even.

While I wholeheartedly thought the offensive game plan against HHS contributed to the loss, the offense was solid and has done no worse than the new offense. I hope to see the new offense light it up like last year's team did against LC.

I hate to continue to disagree but I still have a very hard time believing there is a better running QB in the state including Burke or Ammons. I mean no disrespect to these fine players but the fact that Drew can simply run over a defender or run by him (both of which have been done on numerous occasions), I believe makes him the best overall running QB. I'd definitely and obviously give Burke the nod in the passing game, but give me Ellison on the ground.

To be clear, this game was never in doubt. Neither O played well IMO but it was clear from start to finish that CCH would win. Even when HC was down 17-7 after scoring on the fumbled punt and then even after they got a reprieve on a failed 4th down attempt yet kept the ball due to penalty and were driving, it was never in doubt. I don't think anyone in Park Hills on either side of the stands had any anxious moments.

HC battled hard and played a physical style of football. However, their O was never able to get anything going to make you concerned if you were on the home team's side.

As a Highlands fan, I would rather face LC than have to play CC again. The 2nd matchup is always tougher that the 1st in this rivalry. And by the way, Ellison is the real deal. The kid can flat out play the game! He may not have had a great game this week but you can bet he will be playing well against Lex Cath. He is too tough to have another mediocre game.

Sorry Colonel fans, I gotta root for Lex Cath this weekend.

As a Highlands fan, I would rather face LC than have to play CC again. The 2nd matchup is always tougher that the 1st in this rivalry. And by the way, Ellison is the real deal. The kid can flat out play the game! He may not have had a great game this week but you can bet he will be playing well against Lex Cath. He is too tough to have another mediocre game.

Sorry Colonel fans, I gotta root for Lex Cath this weekend.

1998 HHS 70 CCHS 26 HHS 37 CCHS 14

1999 HHS 45 CCHS 7 (did not meet in playoffs)

2000 HHS 35 CCHS 10 HHS 49 CCHS 27

2001 HHS 52 CCHS 22 CCHS 18 HHS 15

2002 HHS 28 CCHS 14 (did not meet in playoffs)

2003 HHS 21 CCHS 7 (did not meet in playoffs)

2004 HHS 9 CCHS 0 HHS 18 CCHS 0

Thanks cshs81

1998 HHS 70 CCHS 26 HHS 37 CCHS 14

1999 HHS 45 CCHS 7 (did not meet in playoffs)

2000 HHS 35 CCHS 10 HHS 49 CCHS 27

2001 HHS 52 CCHS 22 CCHS 18 HHS 15

2002 HHS 28 CCHS 14 (did not meet in playoffs)

2003 HHS 21 CCHS 7 (did not meet in playoffs)

2004 HHS 9 CCHS 0 HHS 18 CCHS 0

Thanks cshs81

Any reason you left out 97? ;):D

LOL, Look over on Yappi, a lot at Moeller want Crable gone, they want the school to do the same thing they did to Klonne (which happened with the alumni's help), and I think Klonne was a much better coach that Crable.

People over at Moeller told me Crable told his wife he only wanted to be a head coach for 10 years, this ended year number 5, and the people I know who are "in" at Moeller want him gone before year number 6. I can't repeat, at least on this board, what the replies were Sunday when I asked them about their views on Crable.

As they say, be very careful of what you asked for (The removal of Klonne), you may get what you want, and may be sorry you got it (Crable).

As you say, don't be mad at the messenger. :D

Hey, I just posted some game times for Saturday, acting as a messenger.

Like I said, you hear a lot of stuff, and apparantely ask about a lot of stuff (like what people who don't know any better think of Crable). If you want to take what they say to heart, it's on you.

Hey, I just posted some game times for Saturday, acting as a messenger.

Like I said, you hear a lot of stuff, and apparantely ask about a lot of stuff (like what people who don't know any better think of Crable). If you want to take what they say to heart, it's on you.

LOL, These are people who are "in" at Moeller, trust me. As well as being parents of some players and very big boosters at Moe. Now, will they apply as much pressure as they did to get rid of Klonne? That remains to be seen. :thumb:

Now, back to the topic. :D