A Breitbart Video of NAACP Bigotry In Their Ranks

If she were white and discussing how she didn't help a black farmer, the national outcry would be great.

I can kind of see where she's coming from, though. I think we all can. If someone needs your help but seems undeserving, arrogant or downright rude to us we'd think twice about giving them all the help they need. Throw race out of this equation and I think she did the right thing. :lol:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If she were white and discussing how she didn't help a black farmer, the national outcry would be great.

I can kind of see where she's coming from, though. I think we all can. If someone needs your help but seems undeserving, arrogant or downright rude to us we'd think twice about giving them all the help they need. Throw race out of this equation and I think she did the right thing. :lol:

I see your point, however, was he arrogant and rude or was that just her spin on it?

For what it's worth, the Agriculture Department announced Monday that Sherrod had resigned.

Sherrod says she was forced to step down by the White House, so I'm guessing no.

Not necessarily from what happens to her, but does it change popular perception? Does it change your perception? Should someone lose their job for something they did 24 years ago? Not defending her, just asking a question. I don't know if I even have an answer to that.

You can see the video, and read her comments, as well as the comments of the woman who believes herself to be the wife of the farmer referenced in her talks here.
So she was telling the story of how working with him helped her to see the issue is not about race, yet she didn't give the white farmer the full force of what she could do to help him avoid foreclosure. Working with him helped her to see the issue is not about race? Then why did she not give him the full force of what she could do to help him? Because she was being a bigot, maybe?

Not necessarily from what happens to her, but does it change popular perception? Does it change your perception? Should someone lose their job for something they did 24 years ago? Not defending her, just asking a question. I don't know if I even have an answer to that.
I didn't feel the need to see her fired, an apology and some sort of punishment would have sufficed.

So she was telling the story of how working with him helped her to see the issue is not about race, yet she didn't give the white farmer the full force of what she could do to help him avoid foreclosure. Working with him helped her to see the issue is not about race? Then why did she not give him the full force of what she could do to help him? Because she was being a bigot, maybe?

Her story doesn't stop there. Her story is an example of where she was 20 years ago in her life with regard to race, and that now she realizes that what she did was wrong. Her message is to move beyond race. But, like a 45 with a scratch, everyone is stuck on one tiny part of the whole message.

Her story doesn't stop there. Her story is an example of where she was 20 years ago in her life with regard to race, and that now she realizes that what she did was wrong. Her message is to move beyond race. But, like a 45 with a scratch, everyone is stuck on one tiny part of the whole message.
If she's telling the truth, and no, I'm not saying she is a liar, it's just hard to know one way or the other.

So this is like the Tea Party being called racist? Then we can be in agreement.

I have a question. What the heck is she talking about when she say's that the farmer "took a long time ... trying to show me he was superior to me."?

Is being cautious on his part showing superiority? I wish she'd explain that part a bit better.

If she's telling the truth, and no, I'm not saying she is a liar, it's just hard to know one way or the other.

So this is like the Tea Party being called racist? Then we can be in agreement.

I'm not sure how this is exactly like the Tea Party at this point.

I see no reason to believe that she hasn't moved beyond her past. My father was a racist when I was little, along about the same time period. As time passed, and as he became more acquainted through work and in his social life to people of other races, he changed his opinion. He now is one of the staunchest anti-racism proponents around. He readily admits his past, and uses it when he speaks of the issue in discussion. But because he was a racist, doesn't mean he still is.

As to the second issue you raise. I don't know how to respond. I doubt we're in agreement, simply because she is an individual openly is speaking of here past, and the ways her views in her past manifested themselves in how she performed her job. She's speaking to the point that we must all move past this. Relative to the NAACP as a group, they applaud the decision to fire her, so I can't say they're purporting racism as a collective group. In fact, it's my knee-jerk reaction that they may be sacrificing a great asset in doing so.

I haven't called the Tea Partiers racists. I do agree the dude who put up the billboard is strongly suspicious. But the Tea Party as an entity threw him out.

I don't think anyone things the Tea Party itself is racist. I think that there are racist members within it, just as there likely is within pretty much any and all collectives. I do feel that what this woman was condemned for, and what the billboard dude did are two very different things. She was taken out of context and exploited. He deliberately put up a freaking billboard. I'm not sure how ambiguous that can be seen.