Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 78 Baylor 71

Featured Replies

Answer me this question then did it turn the game in Duke's favor?

 

IMO, no. Baylor did a great job at stuffing the ball down Lance Thomas' throat all night long. Zoubek fouled out, as did their big guy and Singler didn't make a field goal for the first time in 108 games. They failed at guarding Nolan Smith and Scheyer got some good open looks AND Duke hit their free throws down the stretch, except for the 2 that Andre missed. The game had multiple ties and multiple lead changes and I felt throughout the whole game that once Duke got some stops on defense they would take control of the game. I never felt like Baylor had a realistic chance to win if Nolan and Jon kept scoring. Which they did. To beat this Duke team your best bet is to play a stifling man to man defense, especially if you have the athletes to do it like Baylor did. Instead, they chose to play zone and got beat. Not to mention that Baylor couldn't hit any shots but dunks consistently in the second half. I am sorry, you are not going to beat Duke that way. To blame the game on that one call is fraudulent, IMO. Baylor had multiple possessions after that call and still couldn't score or rebound their missed shots. That call had nothing to do with their inability to score the ball when they had the ball.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMO, no. Baylor did a great job at stuffing the ball down Lance Thomas' throat all night long. Zoubek fouled out, as did their big guy and Singler didn't make a field goal for the first time in 108 games. They failed at guarding Nolan Smith and Scheyer got some good open looks AND Duke hit their free throws down the stretch, except for the 2 that Andre missed. The game had multiple ties and multiple lead changes and I felt throughout the whole game that once Duke got some stops on defense they would take control of the game. I never felt like Baylor had a realistic chance to win if Nolan and Jon kept scoring. Which they did. To beat this Duke team your best bet is to play a stifling man to man defense, especially if you have the athletes to do it like Baylor did. Instead, they chose to play zone and got beat. Not to mention that Baylor couldn't hit any shots but dunks consistently in the second half. I am sorry, you are not going to beat Duke that way. To blame the game on that one call is fraudulent, IMO. Baylor had multiple possessions after that call and still couldn't score or rebound their missed shots. That call had nothing to do with their inability to score the ball when they had the ball.

 

That call took the wind out of Baylor's sails.

IMO, no. Baylor did a great job at stuffing the ball down Lance Thomas' throat all night long. Zoubek fouled out, as did their big guy and Singler didn't make a field goal for the first time in 108 games. They failed at guarding Nolan Smith and Scheyer got some good open looks AND Duke hit their free throws down the stretch, except for the 2 that Andre missed. The game had multiple ties and multiple lead changes and I felt throughout the whole game that once Duke got some stops on defense they would take control of the game. I never felt like Baylor had a realistic chance to win if Nolan and Jon kept scoring. Which they did. To beat this Duke team your best bet is to play a stifling man to man defense, especially if you have the athletes to do it like Baylor did. Instead, they chose to play zone and got beat. Not to mention that Baylor couldn't hit any shots but dunks consistently in the second half. I am sorry, you are not going to beat Duke that way. To blame the game on that one call is fraudulent, IMO. Baylor had multiple possessions after that call and still couldn't score or rebound their missed shots. That call had nothing to do with their inability to score the ball when they had the ball.

Very true. But I think we all agree it was a pivotal moment. With a bunch of 18-21 year old kids, momentum can sometimes swing a game. Baylor did a horrible job of exploiting Duke's weaknesses and never capitalized on their own strengths. That is why they lost.

The charge call was terrible as was the technical. Anyone who says one call can't affect an outcome is wrong. If the call was called correctly I think the outcome would have been different. All that being said Duke still had to win the game and they did. They deserve to be in Indy nest weekend. Any Duke fans that get to go have a great time. Well dereved.

No way the technical was wrong, IMO... He came flying in well after the play was over. no reason to push anybody.

So Duke fans, any chance that Singler or Smith leave early? Smith has been a stud thus far in the tournament.

Why are SOME UK fans even in this thread trying to discredit Duke's win and make this or that excuse for why they won? It's those UK fans that make a lot dislike the "Big Blue Nation."

 

If this were a close game, I could understand saying this call or that call affected the outcome of the game, but bottom line...Duke made plays down the stretch and Baylor didn't. End of story.

 

Duke's in the final 4, UK isn't...get over it. Duke won the games they were supposed to win and they DESERVE to be where they were.

 

Congrats to the Dukies on the W over a very talented and athletic Baylor team. Tweety Carter and Dunn are two of the better guards in the country and their front line is HUGE.

 

Duke fans...enjoy the W.

So Duke fans, any chance that Singler or Smith leave early? Smith has been a stud thus far in the tournament.

 

Honestly I don't see it happening... but you never know. They could bounce if they win the title. I don't think they both leave though. One at the most IMO.

So Duke fans, any chance that Singler or Smith leave early? Smith has been a stud thus far in the tournament.

 

Honestly I don't see it happening... but you never know. They could bounce if they win the title. I don't think they both leave though. One at the most IMO.

 

I hope they both stay. I really don't see any of the big 3 succeeding in the pros immediately(see Gerald Henderson's minutes per game) so I hope Singler and Smith come back but if Shavelik Randolph left early then who knows what these two might do.

So Duke fans, any chance that Singler or Smith leave early? Smith has been a stud thus far in the tournament.

 

I hate it.....Gerald finished last season very strong and was gone. I am hoping both stay, but I guess time will tell, they don't seem like the type to jump ship. I am sure that the final results of this weekend, will play a factor.

No way the technical was wrong, IMO... He came flying in well after the play was over. no reason to push anybody.

I agree but I also thought Schyer probably should have gotten one the way he was throwing elbows.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.