Duke 78 Baylor 71

GrizzlyAdams

I haven't even read the thread, and I'm not going too. I'm sure people are complaining about the easy road or how Duke gets all the calls or something... but guess what! Duke did what they needed to do, unlike the other top dogs and will still be playing next weekend!!!! I haven't been on here yet because I've been too busy celebrating!! I may try and find some tickets for Saturday for a reasonable price since I bet there will be some available around here. :sssh:

Go Duke!!!!! Lets sneak in here and get us a title.

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke still getting no credit from select UK fans, I love it.

I will give them credit. They are where I wish my Cats were, .. the final 4. They beat the teams they had to beat and earned their spot. I may not like it, and will not cheer for them, but in a tourney with upsets left and right, ... all 4 teams won their way to Indy, and Duke was one of them.

Can't decide whether to cheer for WVU, Mich St or Butler. WVU because so many of my friends are in WV and are just ecstatic right now. Butler because they are the cinderella of the ball. Mich St because Izzo is the man. I will figure that out this week sometime for sure. Leaning towards WVU.

I will give them credit. They are where I wish my Cats were, .. the final 4. They beat the teams they had to beat and earned their spot. I may not like it, and will not cheer for them, but in a tourney with upsets left and right, ... all 4 teams won their way to Indy, and Duke was one of them.

Can't decide whether to cheer for WVU, Mich St or Butler. WVU because so many of my friends are in WV and are just ecstatic right now. Butler because they are the cinderella of the ball. Mich St because Izzo is the man. I will figure that out this week sometime for sure. Leaning towards WVU.

Can't cheer for WV for mocking John Wall after the game, but I'm pulling for Butler/MSU.

Personally I think the commitee should be ashamed of themselves for putting a region together like this. Duke has a great team. They play hard and are entertaining to watch. But what the commitee did IMO just isn't right. Can anyone think of an argument as to why Duke should have gotten such an easy region?

Now, I know its supposedly the defense that has made them a good team, but why in the world would you play 2-3 zone against Duke!?! They hit 11 for 23 3s and thats the ball game.

Personally I think the commitee should be ashamed of themselves for putting a region together like this. Duke has a great team. They play hard and are entertaining to watch. But what the commitee did IMO just isn't right. Can anyone think of an argument as to why Duke should have gotten such an easy region?

Now, I know its supposedly the defense that has made them a good team, but why in the world would you play 2-3 zone against Duke!?! They hit 11 for 23 3s and thats the ball game.

Such a hater.

East Tennessee State, Cornell, Wake Forest and West Virginia. Only one of those teams was ranked in the top 25.

Arkansas Pine Bluff, California, Purdue and Baylor. 2 teams ranked in the top 25.

Whatever.

When the NCAA committee gives you a walk to the final 4, Duke had better made it.

Don't be that fan. Duke beat two ranked teams (one a virtual road game), to make the Final Four, how many did your favorite team beat this tourney?

The charge call cost Baylor the game.

Sure did, that two seconds cost them all 40 minutes, that one very play...not the blown assignments on defense, not the fouling out of their center very early, not the fact that Duke shot nearly 50% from 3. That one call, which was extremely close, that cost them the game.

Baylor played a very good game but the last four minutes Duke made plays. Time after time they were able to get 2nd chance points, and they pretty much were able to win with Singler really struggling. The WVU game should be interesting but the odds are against the Neers being able to shoot lights out from the arc and Nolan Smith will be studying up on Missoula. Duke got away with one today but offensively their bigs struggled against a very long front line.

Don't be that fan. Duke beat two ranked teams (one a virtual road game), to make the Final Four, how many did your favorite team beat this tourney?

Im SUPER EXCITED right now. :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

Know of a place for some decently priced tickets? :lol:

A couple of things that you have to appreciate about Duke is their spacing on the offensive end and also their passing ability. I love to see teams that can pass the ball the way Duke can. I think that Duke is a little better than WVU and will beat them unless WVU is hot from behind the 3 point line or if the officials allow the game to become very physical.

This is what petrifies me.

Such a hater.

East Tennessee State, Cornell, Wake Forest and West Virginia. Only one of those teams was ranked in the top 25.

Arkansas Pine Bluff, California, Purdue and Baylor. 2 teams ranked in the top 25.

Whatever.

We aren't talking about how it played out. Cornell knocked off a ranked Wisconsin team. Purdue was ranked, but lets be honest they weren't very good without Hummell. Baylor wasn't that good either. The region was set up for Duke to have an easier road than everyone else to the Final 4 and it worked out for them. I just can't figure out why Duke recieved such favoritism.

Hey give credit to Duke. They have won 4 tourney games and have had a great season. But why do they have the easiest region though?

No sour grapes. Just facts. Overwhelming majority feel so.

It doesn't diminish the fact that DUKE made it, congrats.

I'm not a fan so I could care less, but what I states was a fact that the majority of people felt it was the easist bracket by far.

Again, I say Duke beat two ranked teams to get to Indy, MSU beat three, Baylor beat two, and WVU beat one. Sounds about right to me.

Im SUPER EXCITED right now. :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

Know of a place for some decently priced tickets? :lol:

I'll be there.....if I were you, head up during the first game, some diehards that lose in game one, always leave and their tickets are dirt cheap.

We aren't talking about how it played out. Cornell knocked off a ranked Wisconsin team. Purdue was ranked, but lets be honest they weren't very good without Hummell. Baylor wasn't that good either. The region was set up for Duke to have an easier road than everyone else to the Final 4 and it worked out for them. I just can't figure out why Duke recieved such favoritism.

Let me get this straight, you are toting UK's route when they got handled in a game against the only ranked team they played. Purdue went 5-2 without Hummel, and were very game. You'd be hard pressed to find a more physical and athletic team than Baylor. You know what? I don't care, my boys went out and got it done. When UK finally played a good team, they played like freshman. It sucks for you, I know it does. If I were in your shoes I may even be saying the same thing. But, I am not, so I will quit worrying about it.