Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 78 Baylor 71

Featured Replies

Honestly...no.

 

That is fine, but my reasoning for thinking it was is because of the violent nature in which he turned around in an upward motion after the whistle and after contact had been made, I mean he acted as if someone had just punched him in the face when all Baylor did was foul him on the arm. He was pinned in and didn't like it so he swung his elbow upwards and hsi facial expressions shows his intent.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is fine, but my reasoning for thinking it was is because of the violent nature in which he turned around in an upward motion after the whistle and after contact had been made, I mean he acted as if someone had just punched him in the face when all Baylor did was foul him on the arm. He was pinned in and didn't like it so he swung his elbow upwards and hsi facial expressions shows his intent.

 

Then here's the problem...he called, and was granted a timeout. There was no whistle for a Baylor foul. So, if he was indeed "fouled" after the timeout, I can understand his reaction.

 

However, he did not make contact with the Baylor player (Dunn I believe). But, the same could not be said for the other Baylor player who DID get whistled for the T.

I am so elated!!!!! I said all year that we were a Sweet 16 team and here we are in the Final Four!!!!! I couldn't be happier. I guess I need to eat some crow now. Just think.....Duke will have a better team next year........

 

I'm happy for you PurplePride. :thumb:

When the NCAA committee gives you a walk to the final 4, Duke had better made it.

If Baylor would have made it to the final game, I would have been in some money... oh well, still have a shot at second place.

That T wasn't the big play of the game.

 

The charge call cost Baylor the game.

How many top 20 teams did they beat to get there?

 

In what everyone agreed to be the easist bracket.

 

Sour grapes always come out like a fine WHINE.....man, they played two weak teams, and two very good teams, to win it, they'll have to beat two more good teams. Today, they won a road game, which is a huge hurdle for them. I am so proud.

  • Author
When the NCAA committee gives you a walk to the final 4, Duke had better made it.

 

:ohbrother:

A couple of things that you have to appreciate about Duke is their spacing on the offensive end and also their passing ability. I love to see teams that can pass the ball the way Duke can. I think that Duke is a little better than WVU and will beat them unless WVU is hot from behind the 3 point line or if the officials allow the game to become very physical.

I believe someone called Buffalo Wild Wings and said we need Duke to win, so the bartender hits a button and they called a terrible charge and a terrible technical and Duke wins. All they needed was the mascot shooting Baylor player with a t-shirt.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

 

Actually, I was at Buffalo Wild Wings. I didn't have to call.

:ohbrother:

 

There was an article I read in the past 3 weeks that said Duke gets the highest TV ratings of any other team.

 

Said the tv package is soon to come up for bidding and that the NCAA needed Duke to make a long run to boost tv ratings. That would help increase the bidding.

 

And then the pairings come out and even the experts are shocked on how Duke got the easy bracket. A real easy bracket.

I'm happy for you PurplePride. :thumb:

 

Thank you, Hatz. I know you do not like Duke so your kind words are greatly appreciated. You are an excellent representation of a UK fan and others could learn from your example. May your Cats continue their success on the court and in recruiting as well. College basketball is a lot of fun when the Cats have a great team.

Sour grapes always come out like a fine WHINE.....man, they played two weak teams, and two very good teams, to win it, they'll have to beat two more good teams. Today, they won a road game, which is a huge hurdle for them. I am so proud.

 

No sour grapes. Just facts. Overwhelming majority feel so.

It doesn't diminish the fact that DUKE made it, congrats.

I'm not a fan so I could care less, but what I states was a fact that the majority of people felt it was the easist bracket by far.

No sour grapes. Just facts. Overwhelming majority feel so.

It doesn't diminish the fact that DUKE made it, congrats.

I'm not a fan so I could care less, but what I states was a fact that the majority of people felt it was the easist bracket by far.

 

A majority of people thought it would be UK and KU in the Final Four-so much for the majority.

^some give and take I suppose.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.