Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 78 Baylor 71

Featured Replies

Let me get this straight, you are toting UK's route when they got handled in a game against the only ranked team they played. Purdue went 5-2 without Hummel, and were very game. You'd be hard pressed to find a more physical and athletic team than Baylor. You know what? I don't care, my boys went out and got it done. When UK finally played a good team, they played like freshman. It sucks for you, I know it does. If I were in your shoes I may even be saying the same thing. But, I am not, so I will quit worrying about it.

 

Congrats RP, GRC, Grizz and PurplePride. You guys are in the Final Four a year earlier than expected. I really don't understand the UK fans bitterness about the seeding. Yes, I thought that WVU deserved a #1 seed but I thought that they should get it over Syracuse, not Duke. The facts are Duke won 4 games and deserve to be where they are. That's one of the things that bothers me about UK fans, the sour grapes and whining when they lose. Michigan State and WVU made it to the Final Four while missing a key player--that would have been a legit excuse for losing. Complaining about seeding isn't a good reason. Maybe WVU beats Duke in the Semis and makes their argument look a little better but the fact is that anything short of a championship was going to be a disappointment and they would have complained about something. Again, congrats on your team's accomplishment and apologies for some of the attitudes--although I'm sure it isn't really bothering you guys too much. I have to be honest though I'm rooting for a Butler/WVU final. Not because of my dislike for Duke or MSU--just to see something no one expected.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Let me get this straight, you are toting UK's route when they got handled in a game against the only ranked team they played. Purdue went 5-2 without Hummel, and were very game. You'd be hard pressed to find a more physical and athletic team than Baylor. You know what? I don't care, my boys went out and got it done. When UK finally played a good team, they played like freshman. It sucks for you, I know it does. If I were in your shoes I may even be saying the same thing. But, I am not, so I will quit worrying about it.

 

:clap::clap::thumb::thumb:

  • Author
Congrats RP, GRC, Grizz and PurplePride. You guys are in the Final Four a year earlier than expected. I really don't understand the UK fans bitterness about the seeding. Yes, I thought that WVU deserved a #1 seed but I thought that they should get it over Syracuse, not Duke. The facts are Duke won 4 games and deserve to be where they are. That's one of the things that bothers me about UK fans, the sour grapes and whining when they lose. Michigan State and WVU made it to the Final Four while missing a key player--that would have been a legit excuse for losing. Complaining about seeding isn't a good reason. Maybe WVU beats Duke in the Semis and makes their argument look a little better but the fact is that anything short of a championship would was going to be a disappointment and they would complained about something. Again, congrats on your team's accomplishment and apologies for some of the attitudes--although I'm sure it isn't really bothering you guys too much. I have to be honest though I'm rooting for a Butler/WVU final. Not because of my dislike for Duke or MSU--just to see something no one expected.

 

THANK YOU:notworthy:

Congrats RP, GRC, Grizz and PurplePride. You guys are in the Final Four a year earlier than expected. I really don't understand the UK fans bitterness about the seeding. Yes, I thought that WVU deserved a #1 seed but I thought that they should get it over Syracuse, not Duke. The facts are Duke won 4 games and deserve to be where they are. That's one of the things that bothers me about UK fans, the sour grapes and whining when they lose. Michigan State and WVU made it to the Final Four while missing a key player--that would have been a legit excuse for losing. Complaining about seeding isn't a good reason. Maybe WVU beats Duke in the Semis and makes their argument look a little better but the fact is that anything short of a championship would was going to be a disappointment and they would complained about something. Again, congrats on your team's accomplishment and apologies for some of the attitudes--although I'm sure it isn't really bothering you guys too much. I have to be honest though I'm rooting for a Butler/WVU final. Not because of my dislike for Duke or MSU--just to see something no one expected.

 

Thank you, and I understand your desires, here's to hoping you're wrong.... hahaha

THANK YOU:notworthy:

 

You're welcome. Nothing but respect for the Duke program and the way they do things on my end.

Thank you, and I understand your desires, here's to hoping you're wrong.... hahaha

 

Lol, I can deal with that....I'd just like to see 3 games left live up to the rest of the tourney no matter who wins.

Edited by AverageJoesGym

Let me get this straight, you are toting UK's route when they got handled in a game against the only ranked team they played. Purdue went 5-2 without Hummel, and were very game. You'd be hard pressed to find a more physical and athletic team than Baylor. You know what? I don't care, my boys went out and got it done. When UK finally played a good team, they played like freshman. It sucks for you, I know it does. If I were in your shoes I may even be saying the same thing. But, I am not, so I will quit worrying about it.

 

When you compare the 2 roads UK had it tougher having to go against WVU. Its as simple as that. Baylor played Duke good and all of a sudden they are some great team. They beat Xavier in December and they beat Texas A&M and split with Oklahoma St. Xavier struggled early and I wasn't that impressed with A&M or OK St. Then had a very easy road to the Elite 8. But lets be honest Baylor is no where near WVU.

 

Now, UK got beat by a better team last night and I am not making any excuses for that. They had their chances to go to the Final 4 and didn't. I thought Wisconsin getting upset gave UK a boost. I am not saying in any way UK was done unfairly. But look at Kansas' bracket. I think UT, Maryland, Ohio St, and Mich. St were all better than anyone of the other teams in Duke's bracket. (Georgetown was very good too, but very inconsistent).

 

Also, please don't act like Purdue was some real good team after Hummell. They got beat by 27 by Minnesota, who was far from being a powerhouse.

Congrats RP, GRC, Grizz and PurplePride. You guys are in the Final Four a year earlier than expected. I really don't understand the UK fans bitterness about the seeding. Yes, I thought that WVU deserved a #1 seed but I thought that they should get it over Syracuse, not Duke. The facts are Duke won 4 games and deserve to be where they are. That's one of the things that bothers me about UK fans, the sour grapes and whining when they lose. Michigan State and WVU made it to the Final Four while missing a key player--that would have been a legit excuse for losing. Complaining about seeding isn't a good reason. Maybe WVU beats Duke in the Semis and makes their argument look a little better but the fact is that anything short of a championship was going to be a disappointment and they would have complained about something. Again, congrats on your team's accomplishment and apologies for some of the attitudes--although I'm sure it isn't really bothering you guys too much. I have to be honest though I'm rooting for a Butler/WVU final. Not because of my dislike for Duke or MSU--just to see something no one expected.

 

Thanks!! Classy post. :banana:

That T wasn't the big play of the game.

 

The charge call cost Baylor the game.

 

What cost Baylor the game was their inability in the second half to keep Duke off of the offensive glass. I can think of three times within a short time period that Duke rebounded their missed shot and kicked out to drain a 3. 9 second chance points right there.

Congratulations to Duke...

 

Like AverageJoe, my natual instinct is going to be to cheer for the upsets in these games that ultimately mean nothing to me as a fan. I'm OK with Duke, I just like upsets better. :lol:

What cost Baylor the game was their inability in the second half to keep Duke off of the offensive glass. I can think of three times within a short time period that Duke rebounded their missed shot and kicked out to drain a 3. 9 second chance points right there.

 

Indeed... I believe Scheyer drained one of them, and Nolan Smith with the other two.

 

Baylor had plenty of opportunities in the second half, but their scoring drought to start in addition to their inability to rebound AT ALL definitely didn't help their cause.

Congrats RP, GRC, Grizz and PurplePride. You guys are in the Final Four a year earlier than expected. I really don't understand the UK fans bitterness about the seeding. Yes, I thought that WVU deserved a #1 seed but I thought that they should get it over Syracuse, not Duke. The facts are Duke won 4 games and deserve to be where they are. That's one of the things that bothers me about UK fans, the sour grapes and whining when they lose. Michigan State and WVU made it to the Final Four while missing a key player--that would have been a legit excuse for losing. Complaining about seeding isn't a good reason. Maybe WVU beats Duke in the Semis and makes their argument look a little better but the fact is that anything short of a championship was going to be a disappointment and they would have complained about something. Again, congrats on your team's accomplishment and apologies for some of the attitudes--although I'm sure it isn't really bothering you guys too much. I have to be honest though I'm rooting for a Butler/WVU final. Not because of my dislike for Duke or MSU--just to see something no one expected.

 

 

Thank you!:notworthy:

 

 

Much respect to you and good luck to your favorite team in the future.:thumb:

Indeed... I believe Scheyer drained one of them, and Nolan Smith with the other two.

 

Baylor had plenty of opportunities in the second half, but their scoring drought to start in addition to their inability to rebound AT ALL definitely didn't help their cause.

 

Their big man played less than 20 minutes due to foul trouble and his 5th foul was a terrible call, which greatly influenced the rebounding stats. That type of foul was not called in any other game that I watched in the entire tournament, so the timing of it and the influence it played in the outcome of the game was rather suspect to me.:confused:

Their big man played less than 20 minutes due to foul trouble and his 5th foul was a terrible call, which greatly influenced the rebounding stats. That type of foul was not called in any other game that I watched in the entire tournament, so the timing of it and the influence it played in the outcome of the game was rather suspect to me.:confused:

 

He played 9 minutes................2 of the calls was just flat out awful..........

I didn't watch the whole game so I can't speak to that... Just the last 15 minutes or so.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.