Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question about Calipari at UK

Featured Replies

Does he make them? Not being smart but isn't he a good shooter?

 

For the most part yes, but he can also be very hot and cold.The problem is if he's cold he still fires away at will...

  • Replies 77
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does it matter? You can be the greatest shooter ever, but if you don't get your teammates involved, you aren't going to win many titles.

 

Your right Jim, whether you make them or not doesn't matter.

Your right Jim, whether you make them or not doesn't matter.

 

It's not quite that cut and dried. But last time I checked, an individual has never averaged enough points per game to singlehandedly deliver his team a title. Somebody's gotta play defense and go get the rebounds when you miss.

For the most part yes, but he can also be very hot and cold.The problem is if he's cold he still fires away at will...

 

He should fit right in then.:D

One thing with Knight I have heard is hes a very good student and highly intelligent. And one thing I've seen Calipari do this year is get great prospects with baggage to play the way he wants them to. So I feel good about Knight.

 

Now as Calipari is a perfect fit for UK. He plays fast, he understands the job and has done a great job this year. Lets not forget where we came from. We've been irrelevent in college basketball for the past 4 or 5 years. If we can make it back to the Final 4 I will be very happy personally. We all want National titles and I believe he will get 1, but if we continue to have years like this year thats great. I believe we will break through before long.

It's not quite that cut and dried. But last time I checked, an individual has never averaged enough points per game to singlehandedly deliver his team a title. Somebody's gotta play defense and go get the rebounds when you miss.

 

And College ain't high school. Wall probably shot alot in high school also.

It's not quite that cut and dried. But last time I checked, an individual has never averaged enough points per game to singlehandedly deliver his team a title. Somebody's gotta play defense and go get the rebounds when you miss.
Clyde Lovellette of Kansas (1952) is the last player to lead the nation in scoring and win a national title in the same year. The argument has merit.
And College ain't high school. Wall probably shot alot in high school also.

 

Everybody who goes someplace like UK shot a lot in high school. You don't land D-I scholarships at a place like UK by being a role player on your HS team (unless you're Jared Carter). That's why it's important for gunners to check themselves at the next level.

And College ain't high school. Wall probably shot alot in high school also.

 

He has played on some insanely talented AAU teams and still shot his arm off. It caused the rift between him and Boynton and Austin Rivers wasn't too fond of playing on his team last year as well...

Everybody who goes someplace like UK shot a lot in high school. You don't land D-I scholarships at a place like UK by being a role player on your HS team (unless you're Jared Carter). That's why it's important for gunners to check themselves at the next level.

 

Agreed

He has played on some insanely talented AAU teams and still shot his arm off. It caused the rift between him and Boynton and Austin Rivers wasn't too fond of playing on his team last year as well...

 

So big time talent doesn't get along on the high school level? That's not exactly breaking news.

He has played on some insanely talented AAU teams and still shot his arm off. It caused the rift between him and Boynton and Austin Rivers wasn't too fond of playing on his team last year as well...

 

I would hope a coach like Cal would demand and receive more respect than and AAU coach but who knows. Kids are selfish for the most part these days.

So big time talent doesn't get along on the high school level? That's not exactly breaking news.

 

That's odd because I spend months on the road watching hundreds of AAU teams with big time talent that don't have the problems I've seen between Knight and his teammates...

For the most part yes, but he can also be very hot and cold.The problem is if he's cold he still fires away at will...

 

That's called a shooters mentality. I once heard from a very prolific scorer, "If you're hot, shoot. If you're not, shoot till ya get hot." I don't see a problem with it at all.

That's called a shooters mentality. I once heard from a very prolific scorer, "If you're hot, shoot. If you're not, shoot till ya get hot." I don't see a problem with it at all.

You don't see a problem with one talented player on a team of very talented players firing up a large number of the shots and not involving his other highly talented teammates? You enjoy watching one guy get 50 while the team loses? Have fun with that...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.