Question about Calipari at UK

jbwill2

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right Jim, whether you make them or not doesn't matter.

It's not quite that cut and dried. But last time I checked, an individual has never averaged enough points per game to singlehandedly deliver his team a title. Somebody's gotta play defense and go get the rebounds when you miss.

One thing with Knight I have heard is hes a very good student and highly intelligent. And one thing I've seen Calipari do this year is get great prospects with baggage to play the way he wants them to. So I feel good about Knight.

Now as Calipari is a perfect fit for UK. He plays fast, he understands the job and has done a great job this year. Lets not forget where we came from. We've been irrelevent in college basketball for the past 4 or 5 years. If we can make it back to the Final 4 I will be very happy personally. We all want National titles and I believe he will get 1, but if we continue to have years like this year thats great. I believe we will break through before long.

It's not quite that cut and dried. But last time I checked, an individual has never averaged enough points per game to singlehandedly deliver his team a title. Somebody's gotta play defense and go get the rebounds when you miss.

And College ain't high school. Wall probably shot alot in high school also.

Clyde Lovellette of Kansas (1952) is the last player to lead the nation in scoring and win a national title in the same year. The argument has merit.

Everybody who goes someplace like UK shot a lot in high school. You don't land D-I scholarships at a place like UK by being a role player on your HS team (unless you're Jared Carter). That's why it's important for gunners to check themselves at the next level.

He has played on some insanely talented AAU teams and still shot his arm off. It caused the rift between him and Boynton and Austin Rivers wasn't too fond of playing on his team last year as well...

He has played on some insanely talented AAU teams and still shot his arm off. It caused the rift between him and Boynton and Austin Rivers wasn't too fond of playing on his team last year as well...

So big time talent doesn't get along on the high school level? That's not exactly breaking news.

I would hope a coach like Cal would demand and receive more respect than and AAU coach but who knows. Kids are selfish for the most part these days.

So big time talent doesn't get along on the high school level? That's not exactly breaking news.

That's odd because I spend months on the road watching hundreds of AAU teams with big time talent that don't have the problems I've seen between Knight and his teammates...

For the most part yes, but he can also be very hot and cold.The problem is if he's cold he still fires away at will...

That's called a shooters mentality. I once heard from a very prolific scorer, "If you're hot, shoot. If you're not, shoot till ya get hot." I don't see a problem with it at all.

That's called a shooters mentality. I once heard from a very prolific scorer, "If you're hot, shoot. If you're not, shoot till ya get hot." I don't see a problem with it at all.

You don't see a problem with one talented player on a team of very talented players firing up a large number of the shots and not involving his other highly talented teammates? You enjoy watching one guy get 50 while the team loses? Have fun with that...