Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question about Calipari at UK

Featured Replies

Nope. especially not dead eye shooters.

So you are calling Knight a dead eye shooter? How many times have you seen him play again???

  • Replies 77
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you are calling Knight a dead eye shooter? How many times have you seen him play again???

 

Never. I just like gettin in your kitchen:lol: Doesn't change the fact that shooters are are rare breed anymore

Catch 22....

 

UK goes to the final 4 or championship this question isn't asked. Fact: There are lottery picks in every high school recruiting class. They either go to UK or somewhere else. Trying to keep them in school coach Cal or anyone else.. Good luck.

There is a better chance of him getting Kentucky in trouble with the NCAA then there is of him leading them to the national championship.

 

Based on what?

I'd say you're probably wrong. As GT and I both noted in other threads, John Wall has been a blast to watch this year. Unlike a lot of UK fans, GT and I can appreciate a player while still not cheering for the team.

 

It is not unlike a lot of Kentucky fans. I know plenty of Kentucky fans who enjoy the game of basketball & love watching certain players play, myself included. Quit lumping the Kentucky fans you have encountered in with the rest of the Big Blue Nation. Or, keep doing it if that's how you get your jollies.

Doesn't change the fact that shooters are are rare breed anymore

 

That's because for most "shooters" all they can do is shoot. I'm sure Mack at X would love to play Brad Redford more, but he can't keep him in the game all that often because the opponent attacks him on every possession on the other end. The same goes for Andre Dawkins at Duke, although he has a much higher upside going forward.

 

If and when Knight picks UK he will instantly be the best shooter on the team, but if he comes in and shoots 20+ times a game and often disregards his teammates like he has done in HS and AAU ball it will create unneeded problems. I'll be sure to remind you as it happens... :thumb:

That's because for most "shooters" all they can do is shoot. I'm sure Mack at X would love to play Brad Redford more, but he can't keep him in the game all that often because the opponent attacks him on every possession on the other end. The same goes for Andre Dawkins at Duke, although he has a much higher upside going forward.

 

If and when Knight picks UK he will instantly be the best shooter on the team, but if he comes in and shoots 20+ times a game and often disregards his teammates like he has done in HS and AAU ball it will create unneeded problems. I'll be sure to remind you as it happens... :thumb:

 

I agree that would be a problem. But, like I stated earlier, Cal has done a fantastic job meshing the highly touted talent on this year's roster. There's no reason for me to expect anything different with next year's class.

I agree that would be a problem. But, like I stated earlier, Cal has done a fantastic job meshing the highly touted talent on this year's roster. There's no reason for me to expect anything different with next year's class.

It will be much more similar to Tyreke Evans than it will be Wall or Rose. It took a lot more time to fit Evans into the system because he wasn't the natural distributor like the other two...

That's because for most "shooters" all they can do is shoot. I'm sure Mack at X would love to play Brad Redford more, but he can't keep him in the game all that often because the opponent attacks him on every possession on the other end. The same goes for Andre Dawkins at Duke, although he has a much higher upside going forward.

 

If and when Knight picks UK he will instantly be the best shooter on the team, but if he comes in and shoots 20+ times a game and often disregards his teammates like he has done in HS and AAU ball it will create unneeded problems. I'll be sure to remind you as it happens... :thumb:

 

So, if you're a college head coach, you stay off this guy? Doubt it...

That's because for most "shooters" all they can do is shoot. I'm sure Mack at X would love to play Brad Redford more, but he can't keep him in the game all that often because the opponent attacks him on every possession on the other end. The same goes for Andre Dawkins at Duke, although he has a much higher upside going forward.

 

If and when Knight picks UK he will instantly be the best shooter on the team, but if he comes in and shoots 20+ times a game and often disregards his teammates like he has done in HS and AAU ball it will create unneeded problems. I'll be sure to remind you as it happens... :thumb:

 

What is his shooting percentage? If he can hit around 40% why not have him take 15-20 shots? Do the Vikings hate AP cause he gets 30 carries? As you are well are, the name of the game is win. After seeing Darius, Darnell, Eric shot sporadically, I think some consistency would be welcomed.

So, if you're a college head coach, you stay off this guy? Doubt it...

Not at all. You just have a lot of work to do to make him fit in the system. Are you done chasing your tail yet??? :D

So you are calling Knight a dead eye shooter? How many times have you seen him play again???

 

Not many people have, but it doesn't have to be your job to know that he is a great shooter.............................

Not at all. You just have a lot of work to do to make him fit in the system. Are you done chasing your tail yet??? :D

 

Hmm. I think I brought up a coaches roles in this whole thing. If he comes to UK, we will take the good with the bad, as we did with the frosh this season. Seemed to work out OK.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.