Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question about Calipari at UK

Featured Replies

What is his shooting percentage? If he can hit around 40% why not have him take 15-20 shots? Do the Vikings hate AP cause he gets 30 carries? As you are well are, the name of the game is win. After seeing Darius, Darnell, Eric shot sporadically, I think some consistency would be welcomed.

 

He's right around 40% in high school, which usually translates to 35% or so in the first year of college. The problem as I listed earlier is that he's very hot and cold so while the % will be solid, getting there can make you want to pull your hair out. You'll love the 5-8 one night and hate the 1-9 the next. He's a streaky volume shooter from the outside. If you want to put all of your eggs in that basket, have at it...

  • Replies 77
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's right around 40% in high school, which usually translates to 35% or so in the first year of college. The problem as I listed earlier is that he's very hot and cold so while the % will be solid, getting there can make you want to pull your hair out. You'll love the 5-8 one night and hate the 1-9 the next. He's a streaky volume shooter from the outside. If you want to put all of your eggs in that basket, have at it...

 

I just think they will simply ride him while he's hot and hopefully go away from him when he's cold. Cal and Wall crossed this year, I don't think Cal will have a problem telling him he's off if he's off.

He has had the pieces more than once to win a title, so I don't think it's necessarily his style or the type of players he recruits. It's more like luck. It takes a lot of talent, a lot of good coaching, and a lot of luck to win it all in today's tournament. Because 10 to 12 teams or more every year have the first two parts of the 3 part equation.

 

That's something people don't get. In all sports besides the NBA I think one championship is equal to about 3 or 4. You have to have a good talent and coaching but in a single game elimination tournament you also need some luck. As the talent pool in college basketball continues to be more and more spread out it's going to get tougher and tougher to win the championship. Cal very easily could have 2 or 3 championships had his luck been different over the years. His UMass team that made the run and the Memphis team a few years ago would have been more than worthy of being the NCAA champion.

 

He has played on some insanely talented AAU teams and still shot his arm off. It caused the rift between him and Boynton and Austin Rivers wasn't too fond of playing on his team last year as well...

 

I know we've argued alot in the past, but I don't see why people are arguing with you in this thread. I think you've given a more than fair observation of Knight since he's been a big topic on here. You've said how much you think of his game, maybe even that he was easily the best player in this class. And you obviously get to see alot more of these players than most of us do. Not to mention you're experience on the AAU circuit. A UK bias has nothing to do with how you view Knight as a teammate.

 

Wow.....did you ever think I'd be one to come to your defense on here?:D Keep up the good work man, I for one am buying what you're selling in this thread.:thumb:

 

That said, I still would like to have Knight in Blue and White.

Hmm. I think I brought up a coaches roles in this whole thing. If he comes to UK, we will take the good with the bad, as we did with the frosh this season. Seemed to work out OK.

Except he's not even close to as polished as Wall as a PG coming in. Knight is a smart kid, and he'll work through it as the season progresses but if you expect every season that UK has to rely on a freshman PG to go as smooth as this one, it's going to be a bumpy ride...

It is not unlike a lot of Kentucky fans. I know plenty of Kentucky fans who enjoy the game of basketball & love watching certain players play, myself included. Quit lumping the Kentucky fans you have encountered in with the rest of the Big Blue Nation. Or, keep doing it if that's how you get your jollies.

 

Somebody's feelings still smarting from last night? :lol:

I just think they will simply ride him while he's hot and hopefully go away from him when he's cold. Cal and Wall crossed this year, I don't think Cal will have a problem telling him he's off if he's off.

 

If Bledsoe doesn't return and UK lands Knight he's going to have the ball in his hands making decisions A LOT. His first instinct is to score, his second instinct is to score and his third instinct is to pass and go get the ball back to score. I like the kid a lot, think he's the best player in the 2010 class and he will be a big time player for the team that lands him (UK). I also have seen him enough to know that reprogramming his mind with the ball in his hands is going to be tough for a little while. How long it takes will be the question, and for those expecting him to step right in where Wall left off are in for some bumpy times as he and Cal figure it out...

Except he's not even close to as polished as Wall as a PG coming in. Knight is a smart kid, and he'll work through it as the season progresses but if you expect every season that UK has to rely on a freshman PG to go as smooth as this one, it's going to be a bumpy ride...

 

You've kind of gone through the same thing with Born Ready. Besides team "chemistry" issues, he came with other baggage. For his talent despite his faults, I would consider him a positive addition for UC. On Knight, you're coming off as this guy will ruin whatever team he winds up on. I doubt that happens, and I'm wonder how the take would be if UC were on his list? I do know you weren't Lance's biggest fan until he hit Clifton.

I know we've argued alot in the past, but I don't see why people are arguing with you in this thread. I think you've given a more than fair observation of Knight since he's been a big topic on here. You've said how much you think of his game, maybe even that he was easily the best player in this class. And you obviously get to see alot more of these players than most of us do. Not to mention you're experience on the AAU circuit. A UK bias has nothing to do with how you view Knight as a teammate.

 

Wow.....did you ever think I'd be one to come to your defense on here?:D Keep up the good work man, I for one am buying what you're selling in this thread.:thumb:

 

That said, I still would like to have Knight in Blue and White.

 

I've always told you we'd argue a lot less if you'd just agree with me a lot more often... :D :lol:

That's something people don't get. In all sports besides the NBA I think one championship is equal to about 3 or 4. You have to have a good talent and coaching but in a single game elimination tournament you also need some luck. As the talent pool in college basketball continues to be more and more spread out it's going to get tougher and tougher to win the championship. Cal very easily could have 2 or 3 championships had his luck been different over the years. His UMass team that made the run and the Memphis team a few years ago would have been more than worthy of being the NCAA champion.

 

 

 

I know we've argued alot in the past, but I don't see why people are arguing with you in this thread. I think you've given a more than fair observation of Knight since he's been a big topic on here. You've said how much you think of his game, maybe even that he was easily the best player in this class. And you obviously get to see alot more of these players than most of us do. Not to mention you're experience on the AAU circuit. A UK bias has nothing to do with how you view Knight as a teammate.

 

Wow.....did you ever think I'd be one to come to your defense on here?:D Keep up the good work man, I for one am buying what you're selling in this thread.:thumb:

That said, I still would like to have Knight in Blue and White.

 

Aw CATS. How could you?:lol:

You've kind of gone through the same thing with Born Ready. Besides team "chemistry" issues, he came with other baggage. For his talent despite his faults, I would consider him a positive addition for UC. On Knight, you're coming off as this guy will ruin whatever team he winds up on. I doubt that happens, and I'm wonder how the take would be if UC were on his list? I do know you weren't Lance's biggest fan until he hit Clifton.

 

Knight has no baggage. Love his game. 4.0 student. He will just need to alter his game in pretty quick fashion if he lands on a roster as talented as UK will be next year even if all 5 underclassmen leave. Although in that scenario they will need him to score more than if Orton and Bledsoe return. I've got no problem with Knight at all. I've just seen him play, and play with a lot of talent quite a bit, and know that part of his game needs altered and that will not be easy to do because that is how the kid has been wired his whole life. Done chasing your tail yet???

Knight has no baggage. Love his game. 4.0 student. He will just need to alter his game in pretty quick fashion if he lands on a roster as talented as UK will be next year even if all 5 underclassmen leave. Although in that scenario they will need him to score more than if Orton and Bledsoe return. I've got no problem with Knight at all. I've just seen him play, and play with a lot of talent quite a bit, and know that part of his game needs altered and that will not be easy to do because that is how the kid has been wired his whole life. Done chasing your tail yet???

 

Sure. Go Cats! Both of them.

I've always told you we'd argue a lot less if you'd just agree with me a lot more often... :D :lol:

 

Hey man when it comes to breaking down basketball I usually do agree with what you have to say so I can't argue too much. Sometimes I just like giving you a hard time on here, it's good sports conversation.:thumb:

 

Aw CATS. How could you?:lol:

 

GT has always given a pretty even account of Knight I think. He's probably saw him more times live than most of us on here combined so I have to take his word for it.

If Bledsoe doesn't return and UK lands Knight he's going to have the ball in his hands making decisions A LOT. His first instinct is to score, his second instinct is to score and his third instinct is to pass and go get the ball back to score. I like the kid a lot, think he's the best player in the 2010 class and he will be a big time player for the team that lands him (UK). I also have seen him enough to know that reprogramming his mind with the ball in his hands is going to be tough for a little while. How long it takes will be the question, and for those expecting him to step right in where Wall left off are in for some bumpy times as he and Cal figure it out...

 

I'd agree with all of the above. I'm interested to see 1.) if Bledsoe returns and; 2.) if Bledsoe will be the primary ball handler next year.

Somebody's feelings still smarting from last night? :lol:

 

Not at all. I didn't get to watch the entire game, but from what I saw we lost to a better team. If Kentucky & WVU play again, I'd love Kentucky's chances. But when you go 16-29 from the free throw line & 4-32 from 3 point range, you don't deserve to win & have nobody to blame but yourself.

 

I was happy with the way the young men battled. That, to me, is all you can ask.

 

However, your incessant (and largely inaccurate) shots at Kentucky & the fan base have become a tiresome act. Kentucky basketball has a very large following, yet you seem to have the uncanny ability to speak for the entire fan base.

Not at all. I didn't get to watch the entire game, but from what I saw we lost to a better team. If Kentucky & WVU play again, I'd love Kentucky's chances. But when you go 16-29 from the free throw line & 4-32 from 3 point range, you don't deserve to win & have nobody to blame but yourself.

 

I was happy with the way the young men battled. That, to me, is all you can ask.

 

However, your incessant (and largely inaccurate) shots at Kentucky & the fan base have become a tiresome act. Kentucky basketball has a very large following, yet you seem to have the uncanny ability to speak for the entire fan base.

 

Remember that somehow in Jim's mind UK fans gloating is different than him gloating.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.